Interstellar Advance Screening Social Media Reactions Thread

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
As the press/media/trade screenings are kicking off this week, here's something similar in line with http://www.nolanfans.com/forums/viewtop ... 33&t=10680 but for social media reactions and not published reviews since we already have a thread for those. Also no discussion - that'd probably be in the
"Industry Buzz" Thread. A per usual:

1. Only new reactions may be posted.
2. No duplicate updates.
3. No discussion. Keep all discussion here: viewtopic.php?f=43&t[/b][/i] Any discussion post will be deleted.
4. Link to the original source of the update.
5. If you want, link to the respective discussion thread at the end of the post.

Last edited by TeddyBlass on August 3rd, 2015, 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Updated Rule #3.

First public reaction

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=134749201

There was an exhibitor screening today in NY, IMAX 70mm. Reactions I received:

"The film's narrative relies so firmly on hard science, that it might prove perplexing to some audiences, particularly with regard to black holes."

It's "amazing" and has "mind blowing visuals" and Zimmer's church organ-based score is very different for him.

Non-plot spoilers about the thematic idea of the ending:
It's a visual metaphor like 2001.

More Fort Hood reactions:
@TripleCthaMost: Chris Nolan did it Again!!! INTERSTELLAR GREATEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME
@TripleCthaMost:I REPEAT OF ALL TIME
@marixangelica:Interstellar is probably the most depressing movie I've ever seen.
Billy Moesch ‏@_Wild_Bill

It was pretty fucking dope
ScoobyTX ‏@iHoonSTi 1m1 minute ago
@bleedtheBnG @Interstellar @McConaughey amazing amazing mind blowing movie!!
Kelli Morris ‏@kelli_meowris 47s47 seconds ago
Seeing #mathewmcconaughey and #Interstellar made today so incredible! What an awesome man in a fantastic movie. See it November 7th!!!
@chocobugcat:So Interstellar was probably the best movie I've ever seen.
@chocobugcat
@gschiller13 Perfection. Uses just the right amount of creative fiction when a majority of it is scientific & makes you think the whole time

Reddit AMA - guy who saw it at Fort Hood (spoiler-free):

http://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments ... conaughey/
Every now and then we get lucky and they'll do early screenings on base. Last time it was for After Earth and Will Smith came too, but I didn't see that one. If you all have any questions that aren't too plot revealing, I'd be happy to answer!
Edit: Also just want to say that I read the article on here with Christopher Nolan saying it's more like Space Odyssey. I was definitely getting some Space Odyssey vibes from the film. In the sense that he was using these amazing visuals to try and represent something that is unknown to human eyes. The music score also helped in making these particular scenes good.
I've been drawing comparisons to Space Odyssey in this thread that I think are pretty valid, and that Nolan even says are there himself. However, the difference is Nolan didn't take the plunge and leave a lot of things up for interpretation like Kubrick did. There is a bit of thinking to do after watching, but I believe it is accessible to anyone who pays attention.
(Re: Zimmer's score)I liked it, man! Not as loud and in your face (or ears) as Inceptions score, but I think it supplemented the movie very well. Actually another similarity we can draw from this film to Space Odyssey. As in the score was unique and really picked up the same time they were showing something visually stunning.
Some people walked out of there scratching their heads, and I would be lying if I said some of it didn't confuse me, but it was overall an enjoyable film.
McConaughey's performance was solid, like most of his are for me, especially in recent years.
Hathaway was probably my favorite
By the time Chastain comes onto the screen,
her character is in a certain mindset that I'll describe as bitter.
She does a decent job with this, but I wouldn't put her perfomance up there with the other leads.

hasanahmad wrote:Image
Posted this afterwards.
Legit aye aye