Interstellar Advance Screening Social Media Reactions Thread

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Here's the rest of the message above:

Jamie Zigelbaum ‏@jamiezigelbaum 2h2 hours ago
I just told Christopher Nolan he redefined the way wormholes look. Likely the last thing he wanted to hear—sorry! Interstellar was amazing!

Loui ‏@lgsolani 1h1 hour ago
@jamiezigelbaum what about the performances? do you think there's something oscar worthy?

Jamie Zigelbaum ‏@jamiezigelbaum 56m56 minutes ago
@lgsolani I don't know about all that, but Matthew McConaughey is again showing something remarkable.

Ace
@KevinMorrisWMP
Saw Interstellar last night...absolutely brilliant. Get ready for a new world.
https://twitter.com/KevinMorrisWMP/stat ... 1768389633
Kevin Morris has written for The Wall Street Journal, Los Angeles Times and Filmmaker Magazine. He is the Co-producer of the Tony Award-winning Broadway musical, “The Book of Mormon

@Tom_Shone
One week until I can break my silence on INTERSTELLAR, my review of which will be appearing in @intlifemag
https://twitter.com/Tom_Shone/status/524296313521700864

So, Interstellar review embargo lifts…ONE WEEK FROM NOW
mosh89 wrote:http://i.imgur.com/W8U7WJX.png
hope the link works.well not sure what to make of this
Think out of 5
"I was lucky enough to see it at Fort Hood. Il try not to reveal too much. At its core, this movie is about love, hope, and daring not to give up. I thought all the actors did an amazing job with their characters. I'm not the biggest fan of love stories. But, this one is not what some people may expect. Some things I was able to see and figure out before they were revealed. But, other twists came as a surprise. We were lucky enough to have Mr. McConaughey at the screening. He seemed down to earth and signed posters and even threw up a Hook Em' at my prompting. I really enjoyed the story and the effects were top notch. It is a movie to see with your family.
I did enjoy the 3d representation of time that Nolan showed in the film.
It looked unique. It was almost 3 hours long, but never felt that way. If you're a fan of science fiction. You should like this movie a lot. Il be taking my daughter and wife when it hits theaters. Thinking Of watching it in Imax. "

I give it a 9 out of 10. Just for reference. Inception I gave 8.5. I feel Nolan has a talent of taking a complex story and filming it right and making it understandable. I am huge fan of science fiction and action. The only my highest rated film is The Raid 2. I gave it a 9.5. I appreciate when directors do as much as possible in front of the camera. And only use cg as a tool. Doent mean I can't appreciate a summer blockbuster eye candy movie tho. I hope this helps.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0816692/boa ... #235891987

More from same IMDB guy:
There is more to the story. I can't reveal more and not spoil it for you. I don't see anyone going to see thus movie and saying. " that sucked " its just a great all around story with great special effects. As far as the performances go. Matt= 8.5. I think in all his performances who he is comes thru. I feel like he is a lot more intelligent than people give him credit for. The remaining cast I think as a whole I would give an 8. Its really more of an ensemble performance than it is individuals. Having said that. It shows that Matt is the main character and everyone around him are his supports. Anne does a great job with her character. And the remaining cast really serves the story well. I do appreciate actors who know their range and Don not try to do more than what they are able to. I think Matt knows who he is as an actor and he does not fail his abilities or goes beyond them in this movie.

@noah_sffilm: #Interstellar is extraordinary - an angry, Heinlein-influenced rebuttal to Clarke and Kubrick's 2001 & a poem to light and gravity...

:shock:

According to his Twitter, he is the Executive Director of the San Francisco Film Society

Another reaction (guess there was another screening today):

@ArmiMondo: Wow. Interstellar left me exhausted.
@ArmiMondo: @ShaaBurke I’ll just say that the entire film is a big experience.

Ace
https://twitter.com/aweissman/status/524559613014724608
@aweissman
Saw Interstellar last night - what a stunning, crazy film and emotional roller coaster. Incredible pacing and sound throughout too.
so fucking good. I'll be upset if it doesnt win Best Picture
From earlier
@aweissman
@rickyvanveen am going to a screening of Interstellar tonight. How long is it?
@aweissman 2:45
@aweissman Worth every minute.
@bryanmeehan
@interstellar is a powerful movie. Anne Hathaway here with Olivia is delightful.
Last edited by Ace on October 21st, 2014, 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Andy Weissman just keeps tweeting!

Andy Weissman ‏@aweissman 2h2 hours ago
@makanikai so fucking good. I'll be upset if it doesnt win Best Picture

Anthony J. Johnson ‏@AntJLegrand 2h2 hours ago
@aweissman How was Anne Hathaway's performance? #TeamAnne #Hathalovers

@aweissman how about chastain in it?

Chris Pepper ‏@cpepper95 1h1 hour ago
@aweissman any standout performances? Intrigued by what Chastain's role in the film is.

metalmeatwad ‏@MichaelNotCera 1h1 hour ago
@aweissman Any acting contenders in it or none like Inception?

Andy Weissman ‏@aweissman 18m18 minutes ago
@MichaelNotCera McConaughey for sure

metalmeatwad ‏@MichaelNotCera 15m15 minutes ago
@aweissman So was the Chastain performance hype overblown?

Andy Weissman ‏@aweissman 10m10 minutes ago
@MichaelNotCera not hype at all but I think overshadowed by McC, Hathaway, Damon too

metalmeatwad ‏@MichaelNotCera 9m9 minutes ago
@aweissman Wow. Hathaway was that good? :O They're campaigning her in lead, maybe she has a chance!