Interstellar: Non US IMAX discussion

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
US alone maybe has more IMAX screens than rest of the world combined so I think discussion in this thread is quite messy and difficult to navigate for people who are not from the good ol' US of A. It will only get messier in the next 30 days.

Unlike that thread, this thread will not limited be to 70MM as new IMAX venues, most of which are outside of US, favor digital projection system.

Okay so, I'm from Mumbai and I'll be watching Interstellar in IMAX Big Cinemas, Wadala. If any of you is planning to go there, feel free to PM me.

This is how it looks like from the inside
I've been to PVR IMAX at High Street Phoenix once, and let me tell you, it sucks. The screen is noticeably smaller than the one posted above.

Just leaving this here
PEOPLE, there's like a 5% (or even less) chance I'll be in Malaysia when this shit drops. I've heard there's an IMAX of some sorts in there, but I know nothing about it. Where will I be able to see it there if I go? Does anyone know?

In Portugal there's one Imax (i never went there). And its definitely digital. I'll have my first experience there with Interstellar.

I'm going to see it at my local Imax in Poznan. I was always wondering if this is "real Imax" or fake. Someone could answer mi that question? Here are some photos :

Non-US IMAXes showing Interstellar in 70mm
IMAX Theatre, Palace Flora – Prague, CZ
IMAX, National Media Museum – Bradford, UK
BFI IMAX, British Film Institute – London, UK
ODEON Manchester & IMAX – Manchester, UK
Krungsri IMAX – Bangkok, TH
Miramar IMAX, Miramar Cinemas – Taipei, TW

http://www.imax.com/community/blog/adva ... -sale-now/
And poplar, that's digital.

antovolk wrote:Non-US IMAXes showing Interstellar in 70mm
IMAX Theatre, Palace Flora – Prague, CZ
IMAX, National Media Museum – Bradford, UK
BFI IMAX, British Film Institute – London, UK
ODEON Manchester & IMAX – Manchester, UK
Krungsri IMAX – Bangkok, TH
Miramar IMAX, Miramar Cinemas – Taipei, TW

http://www.imax.com/community/blog/adva ... -sale-now/
And poplar, that's digital.
Thanks for the answer.

Ruth wrote:Just leaving this here
PEOPLE, there's like a 5% (or even less) chance I'll be in Malaysia when this shit drops. I've heard there's an IMAX of some sorts in there, but I know nothing about it. Where will I be able to see it there if I go? Does anyone know?
Malaysia has 3 IMAX screens.

Google-Fu fetched me 2 images. One is Tebaru

and second is Utama.

So no worries if you are there I guess.

Pratham wrote:
Ruth wrote:Just leaving this here
Malaysia has 3 IMAX screens.

Thanks. I'll be in Kuala Lumpur, so I bet it'll be hard finding everything, but if I go there, I'll most definitely see it. No way I'll be waiting an another week till I come back lol.

In Malaysia you probably find some good cam rips being sold as blu rays. How can you say No to that ? Chinese cam rip , with audio of the audience. Just connect it to a good lcd and you dont need Imax :thumbup:

Lionheart wrote:In Malaysia you probably find some good cam rips being sold as blu rays. How can you say No to that ? Chinese cam rip , with audio of the audience. Just connect it to a good lcd and you dont need Imax :thumbup:
Unless you're joking (I hope you are), you're a prick. It's not like I'd be going there just for fun, or for the movie alone. I'm not from Asia and I'd be going to Malaysia for a different kind of event, and it has nothing to do with Interstellar.