'Interstellar' Reviews Discussion

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
posting spoiler-free excerpts would be amazing :thumbup:

thrice wrote:posting spoiler-free excerpts would be amazing :thumbup:
It is spoiler free...

So if anyone has now looked at Dave Poland's 'review' even though he doesn't think the film is great I appreciate his sensitivity and admiration towards Nolan and what he was trying to accomplish.
I don’t really want to write this review.

You see, Christopher Nolan is a profoundly talented artist and he is trying really hard to make a deeply profound movie here. He hired excellent actors who give excellent performances. And not just the much-promoted 3 leads. The supporting cast and many of the somewhat surprising small roles are terrific. Much of the film is strikingly beautiful. And there is a lot of really good stuff in the film.

However…
Last edited by lcbaseball22 on October 27th, 2014, 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

RT is showing 3 positive, 3 negative, as of now.

A rave from Scott Foundas. Damn, this is getting the respons I wanted (some HATE it, others HAIL it)

Skyab23 wrote:RT is showing 3 positive, 3 negative, as of now.
I see 5 fresh and 3 rotten. That's a lot of rotten ones posted early though, damn...

5 Fresh, 4 Rotten. Jeez.... And yet it still has a 7/10 score.

Seems like it's super love/hate.

Would that change if Spielberg directed it? Hmmm... Anyway, nothing gives me more hope than reviewists saying it's heavy on the melancholy and sentiment - means I'll probably like it.

Bacon wrote:5 Fresh, 4 Rotten. Jeez.... And yet it still has a 7/10 score.

Seems like it's super love/hate.
Much like 2001.