'Interstellar' Reviews Discussion

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
lcbaseball22 wrote:
Juliui wrote:Metascore down to 79, the bad critics are coming in. Really hard to predict what will be the final score in my opinion.
Yeah, that f***ing James Rocchi is destroying the score right now...it's fine he didn't like it, but a D really?! On the other hand he gave Inception a 4.5/5 I see...
Relax.

Very,very few films gain a overbearing positive outcome when it comes to views.
Aslong as Nolan,and other film-makers,start pushing the envelop for producing creatively intelligent works then,even if some fall abit short,they will always have my respect in doing so in the first place.

Panapaok wrote:I think we should wait a little bit more before we jump into any conclusions. It's not surprising that some critics didn't like it.
Even this early on, with official reviews coming in (and I hope everyone has learned their lesson after getting so excited about all those UNOFFICIAL glowing reviews and reactions that came in early on) we can gleam that this film is going to be his most divisive.

None of Nolan's other films, since he released Batman Begins (which really put him on the map, at least to where the average movie-goer knew who you were talking about), none of his films have had this many negative/mixed reactions so early on. There's no reason to believe the negative reviews will just magically stop coming in. A film score on RT in the 70's now is expected, and if it gets in the 80s, I think, people should be incredibly happy after what we're seeing.

nolannolanchrischris wrote:
lcbaseball22 wrote:
Juliui wrote:Metascore down to 79, the bad critics are coming in. Really hard to predict what will be the final score in my opinion.
Yeah, that f***ing James Rocchi is destroying the score right now...it's fine he didn't like it, but a D really?! On the other hand he gave Inception a 4.5/5 I see...
Relax.
Everyone.

lcbaseball22 wrote: Yeah, that f***ing James Rocchi is destroying the score right now...it's fine he didn't like it, but a D really?! On the other hand he gave Inception a 4.5/5 I see...
His critics is the first negative one that left me a bit puzzled, I truly hope he is wrong. He raise points which I was a bit concerned about and his previous critics are rather "good" - on top of that he doesn't seems to hate Nolan.

lcbaseball22 wrote:
Yeah, that f***ing James Rocchi is destroying the score right now...it's fine he didn't like it, but a D really?! Strange because he's liked Nolan in the past, he gave Inception a 4.5/5 I see...
Don't attack people.

I feel like this is going to be the most mixed reviews since Cloud Atlas

I confused...

CoMeT wrote:I feel like this is going to be the most mixed reviews since Cloud Atlas
I wasn't a fan of Cloud Atlas though, but I guess if you're gonna trust a film, it makes the most sense to trust a film by Nolan.
Last edited by Numbers on October 27th, 2014, 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Interstellar wrote:I confused...
I am too; we're 45 minutes in and no further reviews are posting on RT...this is the slowest I can recall reviews being updated for any film I've tracked like this.