'Interstellar' Reviews Discussion

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Metascore is sitting at 91 with a lot of positive reviews... I don't see the rotten reviews of RT on Metacritic.

Juliui wrote:Metascore is sitting at 91 with a lot of positive reviews... I don't see the rotten reviews of RT on Metacritic.
It's only based off 5 reviews though, and that's a small sample size.

Juliui wrote:Metascore is sitting at 91 with a lot of positive reviews... I don't see the rotten reviews of RT on Metacritic.
Wow, that's positive...even though I don't like Metacritic so much it's more important when it comes to awards than the RT score. BFCA score is holding strong for the moment at 92 as well. :twothumbsup:

Skyab23 wrote:It's only based off 5 reviews though, and that's a small sample size.
True and the website seems a bit unstable (I sometime get the 91 page, sometime one with only three reviews, etc.) so it's definitely only the beginning, it could get worse or it could get better.

lcbaseball22 wrote:
Wow, that's positive...even though I don't like Metacritic so much it's more important when it comes to awards than the RT score. BFCA score is holding strong for the moment at 92 as well. :twothumbsup:
As long as the MT and BFCA are in the 90s or high 80s that tells a lot. Hopefully it stays that way.

This is going to be Nolan's most divisive film, and I'm feeling comfortable saying that, although it is so early on. The film is so damn ambitious that there will be so many preconceived notions that the film surely won't be able to satisfy them all. In a much smaller way, The Prestige may be a good example of what we have on our hands: a film that is truly adored by many, and yet many are put off by how it unfolds or what they ultimately expected it to be.

Skyab23 wrote:This is going to be Nolan's most divisive film, and I'm feeling comfortable saying that, although it is so early on. The film is so damn ambitious that there will be so many preconceived notions that the film surely won't be able to satisfy them all. In a much smaller way, The Prestige may be a good example of what we have on our hands: a film that is truly adored by many, and yet many are put off by how it unfolds or what they ultimately expected it to be.
At this point I agree 100%. It's certainly got that kind of feel but on a much greater scale because of Nolan's success now compared to where it was in 2006.

Metascore down to 79, the bad critics are coming in. Really hard to predict what will be the final score in my opinion.

I think we should wait a little bit more before we jump into any conclusions. It's not surprising that some critics didn't like it.

Juliui wrote:Metascore down to 79, the bad critics are coming in. Really hard to predict what will be the final score in my opinion.
Yeah, that f***ing James Rocchi is destroying the score right now...it's fine he didn't like it, but a D really?! Strange because he's liked Nolan in the past, he gave Inception a 4.5/5 I see...
Last edited by lcbaseball22 on October 27th, 2014, 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.