'Interstellar' Reviews Discussion

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
I'm watching the video of them arriving at the London premiere and at one point there was someone in the crowd holding up a big sign that read: Remember Sammy Jankis. :lol:

jethrojulian wrote:
CoRohr wrote:I think movies are cool. Thoughts?
No, you're wrong and you should go to hell.
Ha, :::provides insult that only the Internet produces::: ::::continues with name calling::::

lcbaseball22 wrote:
Mulholland-Jr wrote: And like I said before, we're dealing with movies like Heat, Die Hard, Jaws, or Lord of the Rings. Not interpretative cinema like Wild Strawberries, or Vivre Sa Vie.
Oh God, I've seen Wild Strawberries as well as The Seventh Seal. I am somewhat interested in watching Bergman's other supposed 'masterpiece' Persona as well, but I'm not sure what the hell or how the hell I'm supposed to interpret with Bergman lol.

"Interpretive cinema", that's a good one, I like that. Kinda like "interpretive dance" lol whatever the hell that's supposed to be. (I'm a Swing, Latin, and Ballroom dancer) I'm also an engineer so I like things that are logical, concrete, and structured. All of which 2001, A Space Odyssey is not...
I just watched Persona last weekend. My first Bergman film thus far. I must say when watching it I didn't fully like it. I found great moments here and there that I enjoyed, but in between long sretches where I wasn't very engaged. It was a mixed experience at the time for sure. That said Ive been thinking about it ever since, and the more I think the more I like it. It's one of those films. A second viewing at the right time could make me love it... Maybe.
Last edited by ComptonTerry on October 30th, 2014, 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hustler wrote:I'm watching the video of them arriving at the London premiere and at one point there was someone in the crowd holding up a big sign that read: Remember Sammy Jankis. :lol:
That's awesome. Wonder if Nolan saw it.

CoRohr wrote:I think movies are cool. Thoughts?
Sure, as long as those movies are Rear Window, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Forrest Gump, Saving Private Ryan, Memento, The Lord of the Rings, Inception, It Happened One Night, Field of Dreams, Gladiator, The Lady Eve, Arsenic and Old Lace, Some Like It Hot, Harry Potter, True Grit, Psycho, Love Actually, Good Willing Hunting, To Kill A Mockingbird, or Raging Bull. Nah, I think a lot more movies (though actually I'd distinguish between movies and films) are cool, those are just my Top 20. In all honesty I don't recall ever seeing a film I'd rate lower than a 50 but then I also don't tend to watch a film unless it's scored at least 60%, 60, 6/10, etc on either RT, MC, BFCA, or IMDB so I avoid a lot of crap that way :lol:

In fact all but a handful of my Top 100 are certified fresh films. Hoping that Interstellar will join 'em :thumbup:

Of course, a Nolan film is one exception I would still watch even if it's not certified fresh ;) :P :gonf:
Last edited by lcbaseball22 on October 30th, 2014, 2:36 am, edited 8 times in total.

Ruth wrote:sooo.....do we have any pizza here
And popcorn. You can't forget about popcorn. Pizza and popcorn,mmmm.

Is this Entertainment section? :eh:

m4st4 wrote:Is this Entertainment section? :eh:
Yes, it is; until more reviews comes. According to other users, at least. Don't blame me, I'm just going with the flow. Might as well enjoy it.
Last edited by Havoc1st on October 30th, 2014, 3:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

:D I think Uwe Boll is quite better than Michael Bay, don't you think?