'Interstellar' Reviews Discussion

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
lcbaseball22 wrote:
jethrojulian wrote:Film is a combination of arts. You can not compare directors with Da Vinci. Kubrick is one of the greatest, that's for sure. He has his own style and to compare him with Nolan in that aspect is absurd.
I admit that Kubrick was talented and his films have moments of brilliance, but I also feel that the only completely satisfying film he made is The Killing and even that falls short of Nolan's best, for me... :X
Yes, the idea of making movie for good directors is delivering a message and Nolan has never failed in that aspect. Nolan is a better filmmaker than Kubrick but Kubrick is more intelligent, not by much though. (At least in my opinion)

People, people, this is utterly absurd. He is clearly more like a male Sofia Coppola than a less Asian Ang Lee.

ComptonTerry wrote:Is it really that bad that this has gone off topic? There's tons of pages of reviews here way back in this thead, and there haven't been so many new ones so we dont know what to do right now. We're waiting for a new batch. In the mean time where just people talking on a forum dedicated to Nolan and essentialy rambling about Nolan and film. But perhaps you are right, maybe it's gone too far. Perhaps it should be moved to some other thread at this point. I don't see the harm but if it's starting to piss multiple people off then maybe we shodd move it somewhere else or forget it and get back to the topic.
Best to get it back on topic.

I hate new users.

-Vader

Ones it starts, it'll never stop. I guess.

lcbaseball22 wrote:
75-80 = 2001, A Space Odyssey (Kubrick was showing off too much and forgot the story, it's style over substance and it suffers from an extreme LACK of exposition, unlike Nolan's films which sometimes have too much...)

Holy shit. This is one of the greatest things I've ever read. Seriously, has anyone ever in human history more missed the point of something than this right here? It's marvelous.

And that's my cue to exist this holocaust of a thread.

ComptonTerry wrote:Is it really that bad that this has gone off topic? There's tons of pages of reviews here way back in this thead, and there haven't been so many new ones so we dont know what to do right now. We're waiting for a new batch. In the mean time where just people talking on a forum dedicated to Nolan and essentialy rambling about Nolan and film. But perhaps you are right, maybe it's gone too far. Perhaps it should be moved to some other thread at this point. I don't see the harm but if it's starting to piss multiple people off then maybe we shodd move it somewhere else or forget it and get back to the topic.
Oh, it will piss people off. But the question is when?

The point is, yes 'A Clockwork Orange' is a memorable, unique, daring movie and a classic but so is Inception. Why is it so important to have a Nolan v Kubrick war?

jethrojulian wrote:The point is, yes 'A Clockwork Orange' is a memorable, unique, daring movie and a classic but so is Inception. Why is it so important to have a Nolan v Kubrick war?
Because everyone gets their panties in a wad anytime that someone dares try to knock a 'legend' from the mantle/pedestal...Or even suggest someone of current time period should be placed alongside :roll:
Last edited by lcbaseball22 on October 30th, 2014, 1:45 am, edited 5 times in total.