'Interstellar' Reviews Discussion

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
BlackSuit wrote:Good point, although I have to admit this one pains me to see. I'd actually consider IGN to be moderately on point; feel like they have less incentive to put out a snobby review. Also they gave Inception and TDK 10, w/ the Prestige and TDKR both getting 9's...
Different reviewers maybe? The Prestige and TDK were reviewed by Todd Gilchrist. Inception and TDKR were reviewed by Jim Vejvoda.

Interstellar was reviewed by Roth Cornet. 8/10 is still a good review.

I read a lot of the French critics loved it...does RT typically publish their reviews?

Skyab23 wrote:I read a lot of the French critics loved it...does RT typically publish their reviews?
I don't think so.

A classic, one of the greatest films of the last few decades, Fincher's Se7en, is at 79% on RT. Bring it Interstellar!!!

lol so much overreaction

RT down to 72%
18 Fresh
7 Rotten

It takes like 1 good review to bring it up 1% but it takes 1 bad review to take it down 3-4%.

EDIT: Now 69%

Obviously, pretty much everyone on these forums is going to love the film. The real question I'm curious about is, will it be considered all of you all's favorite Nolan film? TDKR after it was released was rated as you all's favorite Batman film. Inception, similarly, after its release, was considered many people's favorite Nolan film.

So while the critics may not love it, recent history suggests that Nolan's latest film is also considered his greatest by Nolan Fans. ;)

Skyab23 wrote:Obviously, pretty much everyone on these forums is going to love the film. The real question I'm curious about is, will it be considered all of you all's favorite Nolan film? TDKR after it was released was rated as you all's favorite Batman film. Inception, similarly, after its release, was considered many people's favorite Nolan film.

So while the critics may not love it, recent history suggests that Nolan's latest film is also considered his greatest by Nolan Fans. ;)
You're exagerrating, I'd say no more than 10-15% of the regular members said that TDKR was Nolan's best at it's release (not a bad opinion anyway, it's my 3rd)

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
Skyab23 wrote:Obviously, pretty much everyone on these forums is going to love the film. The real question I'm curious about is, will it be considered all of you all's favorite Nolan film? TDKR after it was released was rated as you all's favorite Batman film. Inception, similarly, after its release, was considered many people's favorite Nolan film.

You're exagerrating, I'd say no more than 10-15% of the regular members said that TDKR was Nolan's best at it's release (not a bad opinion anyway, it's my 3rd)
I said, it was named you all's favorite Nolan Batman film, not overall Nolan film. If you don't believe that everyone rated it as his best Batman film, even over TDK, I can find the thread for you.