Interstellar Premiere (Red carpet)

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
antovolk wrote:I'll drop this here too, my report post from London premiere:

And CHRISTOPHER NOLAN himself - he and Emma said my poster was "very cool"! #interstellar #interstellarpremiere
Got everyone to sign except for Michael, David (they didn't come to where I was standing) and most criminally McC - who signed everyone else's next to me apart from mine! Probably he didn't like the poster because no McC headshot on it....

Chris and Emma said my 2001-esque poster I got both of them to sign was "very cool" too!

So there! Left after Brian May turned up, don't think anyone else from the film came after. Was hoping for Hans to come, shame he didn't.

Also I MAY have been caught on camera during the stream because they were following the cast everywhere...don't go round looking (ah fuck I just asked for it lol)
As for McC - I was trying to get him to sign next to Anne on the ice planet one...
Jessica at first went over to the press side and spent lots of time signing there then came to us and signed and took photos with nearly everyone once she saw Anne doing the same!

Also completely missed Mackenzie...she probably went same way as Caine and Gyasi - missed us out.

Also afterwards I was wondering whether to go down to the BFI - guess there were more special guests there (Kip, Hawking, maybe more...) but not sure I'd be able to stand next to the red carpet there and whether the cast would be there too to sign.

Also Nolan actually said something to every person in the crowd - the guy next to me was getting him to sign his actually broken and bandaged up TDKR cowl edition Blu-ray, and he just said "aw did you drop that?" cue laughs from both men :) Emma was super nice too, I asked her to come back over and sign next to Chris. Glad they liked the poster too!
Really, incredibly, insanely jealous right now.

Apparently the NY premiere is on the 3rd Nov. Not sure how reliable the website I saw it from is.

Frank-Jon wrote:Apparently the NY premiere is on the 3rd Nov. Not sure how reliable the website I saw it from is.
I think I will tune in for that one too.

But guys, Matthew is so god damn cool. Shame i wasn't there..

OK on twitter, there are already photos of people getting in place for the Interstellar premiere in Paris - 2 hours before it starts. They're trying to get good places to see Chris and McC.

Anybody in Paris to represent NolanFans??

Aili wrote:OK on twitter, there are already photos of people getting in place for the Interstellar premiere in Paris - 2 hours before it starts. They're trying to get good places to see Chris and McC.

Anybody in Paris to represent NolanFans??
Dodd is attending the film itself.

I'm in Paris at the premiere too. Rumors are that it will be projected in IMAX 70mm - which is quiet a suprise.

Juliui wrote:I'm in Paris at the premiere too. Rumors are that it will be projected in IMAX 70mm - which is quiet a suprise.
Le Grand Rex isn't IMAX, it will be regular, non-IMAX 70mm.

Oh, right. I thought that they might have upgraded the screen / technical stuff and that the Interstellar Premiere would be used as some kind of a reveal event.

Juliui wrote:Oh, right. I thought that they might have upgraded the screen / technical stuff and that the Interstellar Premiere would be used as some kind of a reveal event.
A 70mm IMAX inside LGR? Not happening :P The screen won't fit there, period.

Yup, you are completely right. I'm inside right nnow and I can't imagine how they would fit the whole IMAX stuff here. A bit disappointed, but hey! That's OK I got to see it with a few days early - with Christopher Nolan being here too.

By the way, if any of you has questions about the movie / the premiere, feel free to ask them: I'll try my best to answer them tomorrow.