Interstellar Oscar Chances

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Nomis1700 wrote:Fantastic FYC trailers!! Anybody got GIF of the shot in the Wormhole? It looks absolutely breathtakinglybeautiful
Do you mean this shot?

Frank-Jon wrote:
Nomis1700 wrote:Fantastic FYC trailers!! Anybody got GIF of the shot in the Wormhole? It looks absolutely breathtakinglybeautiful
Do you mean this shot?
YES! AMAZING!!!

This year is so odd for the Oscars. A bunch of divisive movies so Best Pic is broad. I think we'll see some odd stuff this year. Boyhood is clearly the frontrunner with The Imitation Game behind it. Selma isn't even out and it's being touted as the one that'll take it and with it's social relevance and I can see why. But the point is that the rest of the field is wide open. Interstellar is by far the most bold and ambitious of them so it could get one of those last slots. I'm not holding my breath though. Nolan will get his due in the future.

@kristapley
I'm ready to believe "American Sniper" could land in the Best Picture lineup. But boy did it need some other things to happen first.

@TheGhostSix 4h4 hours ago
@kristapley think Interstellar has chances?

@kristapley 4h4 hours ago
@TheGhostSix I don't.

CriticsTop10 has 567 lists now included and Boyhood has "topped more lists than any other film of the 21st Century" :shock:

1. Boyhood (382 lists; 136 top spots)

The other Best Picture contenders...

2. The Grand Budapest Hotel (283 lists; 18 top spots)
3. Birdman (224 lists; 30 top spots)
5. Whiplash (202 lists; 21 top spots)
6. Gone Girl (176 lists; 7 top spots)
7. Nightcrawler (166 lists; 7 top spots)
9. Selma (134 lists; 14 top spots)
19. Interstellar (82 lists; 10 top spots)
21. Foxcatcher (76 lists; 3 top spots)
23. Mr. Turner (71 lists; 7 top spots)
24. The Imitation Game (64 lists; 3 top spots)
28. The Theory of Everything (51 lists; 4 top spots)
28. A Most Violent Year (51 lists; 4 top spots)

I think it’s really interesting to note that Interstellar has more top spot mentions than Gone Girl and Nightcrawler despite making half as many lists. BTW, American Sniper has now fallen out of the Top 50 completely and Unbroken has been nowhere to be found since the site began tallying for this year…

Aili wrote:I'll put this in here cause it's obviously a bit of Oscar campaigning for below the line. Fantastic interview with Chris et al. about all the technical issues and choices in Interstellar:

http://www.thewrap.com/oscarwrap-christ ... it-design/
Great read! I agree with the point at the end about the sound mix. It's much like the shaky camera in The Hunger Games.

Aili wrote:I'll put this in here cause it's obviously a bit of Oscar campaigning for below the line. Fantastic interview with Chris et al. about all the technical issues and choices in Interstellar:

http://www.thewrap.com/oscarwrap-christ ... it-design/
Great read. I chuckled many times.

Interstellar is nominated for best production design in the fantasy film category (ADG) :clap: