Interstellar Oscar Chances

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
CoolwhipSpecial wrote:Absolutely stunning FYC trailer:

Gorgeous. I really hope it wins Best Cinematography :)

@ 1 minute mark.

Was the Anne focused FYC ad ever posted here? I remember watching Matthew's one but never seen Anne's before.

My god, so beautiful.

Frank-Jon wrote:

Gorgeous. I really hope it wins Best Cinematography :)

@ 1 minute mark.

Was the Anne focused FYC ad ever posted here? I remember watching Matthew's one but never seen Anne's before.
Holy shit, Anne's is fantasatic

Interstellar has jumped into the Top 20 on CriticsTop10!

19. Interstellar (49 lists; 7 top spots)

Realistically of the 18 films placing ahead of it there only appears to be 6 or 7 Best Pic contenders.

Frank-Jon wrote:
@ 1 minute mark.

Oh wow. With Anne? Amazing. :clap:

If it doesn't get nominated for Best Picture, Best Director, Best Original Screenplay, Best Actor (Matthew McConaughey), Best Actress (Anne Hathaway), Best Supporting Actress (Jessica Chastain), Best Supporting Actor (My Cocaine), Best Cinematography, Best Film Editing, Best Original Score, Best Visual Effects, Best Production Design, Best Sound Mixing or Best Sound Editing like the video says...

lol :lol:

Now seems the right time for accurate noms and win predictions imo (wins in bold) ;

Best Visual Effects
Best Sound Editing
Best Sound Mixing
Best Cinematography
Best Editing
Best Original Score

BP seems a long way off at this point. Can see about 9 noms for that one with maybe TGBH taking Interstellar's dark horse spot. Pity. The hunt for a Best Director nomination for Chris goes on.

At this point I also think Interstellar will miss a BP nomination. Mainly because none of the actors are getting nominated, same goes for the script. And without any of those Interstellar ain't getting a BP.

My Predictions and wins:
Best Visual Effects
Best Sound Editing
Best Sound Mixing
Best Cinematography
Best Editing
Best Original Score

Fingers cross really hard for Zimmer! :twothumbsup:

ratedR wrote:Now seems the right time for accurate noms and win predictions imo (wins in bold) ;
Best Picture
Best Director
Best Original Screenplay
Best Cinematography
Best Film Editing
Best Production Design
Best Original Score
Best Sound Editing
Best Sound Mixing
Best Visual Effects

j/k...but I do think there's a good shot for noms in all of these categories; the Top 10 lists seem to indicate that there should be enough top spot voters to push it through for Best Pic and hell if they rewarded Malick for directing Tree of Life when that film only received two other noms then surely they can recognize Nolan's work for Interstellar. I know he was snubbed for Inception but Nolan is past due and if DGA selects Nolan again I don't see how AMPAS could let themselves continue to be shown up...

Fantastic FYC trailers!! Anybody got GIF of the shot in the Wormhole? It looks absolutely breathtakinglybeautiful