DVD/BLU RAY RELEASE

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Havoc1st wrote:I still haven't gotten Interstellar on DVD/Blu Ray.

i'm such a rebel. lol
You douche

:lol:

It's been a while so thought I would do a short update on this (more specifically the film cells) seen as though there was quite some interest in the past both on here and over at the bluray.com forums.

Yesterday I visited my local Walmart and they still had several copies of the BD with slipcase and "film cell inside" sticker. As of May 10, Interstellar had sold approximately 960,713 units. So they cut up at least 4 full prints, but obviously many more if my Walmart still had copies as of May 27.

Interstellar was shown in a total of 40+ IMAX theaters (41 or 42 I think). I'm starting to wonder if they didn't cut all or most of the prints up as they take up a tremendous amount of storage space (much more than a 35mm print would) and really there is no need to keep that many after the theatrical run is over anyway. Especially not now we are in the digital age. I think at one point some people were speculating whether it would just be one print cut (which in all honestly IS a lot of cells - 240,000+) which would make them much more collectible especially if you got a cool scene (each set of 24 cells = 1 second of screentime), but now it appears that this is not the case. I am still happy with all the money I spent on my numerous copies (I currently have 6 cells and I also sold at least one or two more so do the math), but I can't help feeling that these are not really all that collectible anymore seen as though there are soooo many of them out there (including those yet to be purchased). I now think it's pretty funny - and crazy - how much some people spent on these (the record is $395 for one cell and at least 10 others went for $200-$300 each. Incidentally the most i paid for any of mine was around $20) and wonder if these people.now regret their purchases if they know what I know about their extreme abundancy.

Finally got it.

Havoc1st wrote:Finally got it.
Guud boi

I've had it for a while now, just haven't watched it yet :shifty:

the_red_ninja wrote:I've had it for a while now, just haven't watched it yet :shifty:
girl watchu doin!?

CoolwhipSpecial wrote:
the_red_ninja wrote:I've had it for a while now, just haven't watched it yet :shifty:
girl watchu doin!?
Real life yo. Got a holiday coming up soon...

AsianVersionOfET wrote:
Guud boi
Not gonna watch it anytime soon though.

:shifty:

Havoc1st wrote:
AsianVersionOfET wrote:
Guud boi
Not gonna watch it anytime soon though.

:shifty:
Why?