DVD/BLU RAY RELEASE

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Pre-ordered the blu-ray...
no idea when the release date is but i don't even care

What are the chances that, the release is only Blu Ray?

neb4ever wrote:What are the chances that, the release is only Blu Ray?
None.

Bacon wrote:
None.
Well Chris Nolan wanted the screeners for your consideration only to be Blu Ray...

neb4ever wrote:
Bacon wrote:
None.
Well Chris Nolan wanted the screeners for your consideration only to be Blu Ray...
And was it?

Besides, does anyone know how they will (or how they should lol) handle the IMAX shots? I think they did it differently in TDK than in TDKR.. Or at least, it looked rather different to me though.

neb4ever wrote:
Bacon wrote:
None.
Yes, but a wide home media release only in Blu-Ray would be a mistake. And I'm not just saying that for myself (when Interstellar releases, I will most likely have a BR player). They'd lose a good amount of money by not offering a DVD version of the film, and I'm not sure that you'd want to do that with such a large release. I can easily see it be like TDKR and have the IMAX scenes only switch ratios in the BR version though.

^ The one aspect of the Bluray I'm not looking forward to.

titansupes wrote:^ The one aspect of the Bluray I'm not looking forward to.
I love that part.

Nomis1700 wrote:
I think they did it differently in TDK than in TDKR.. Or at least, it looked rather different to me though.
huh?

Crazy Eight wrote:
Nomis1700 wrote:
I think they did it differently in TDK than in TDKR.. Or at least, it looked rather different to me though.
huh?
What? The IMAX sequences in TDK looked razor sharp whereas the 35mm shots didn't looked that good at all. TDKR had overall good quality though the corners of the image were sometimes out of focus. There wasn't that much difference in quality with 35mm and IMAX shots. But I think I know why that is.