DVD/BLU RAY RELEASE

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Perhaps the extra 5 minutes is just credits for the bonus features of other padded time that isn't counted in the actual special feature runtimes.

AngeloDaCosta wrote:Im getting this one :

http://video.fnac.com/a8126297/Interste ... ey-Blu-Ray#
Looking at this, it doesn't really seem like anything too special. It's nothing like that limited edition Inception briefcase thing. It's basically a mediocre Steelbook with the book and soundtrack. All those can be bought separately. Wal Mart and Amazon releases are the best for the money

ComptonTerry wrote:

Looking at this, it doesn't really seem like anything too special. It's nothing like that limited edition Inception briefcase thing. It's basically a mediocre Steelbook with the book and soundtrack. All those can be bought separately. Wal Mart and Amazon releases are the best for the money
Couldn't agree more. Nothing special at all. It doesn't even have the film cel. Plus I heard from somebody who has purchased from them before, and apparently the box that holds everything is just made from thin cardboard, so it doesn't even come in a fancy presentation box or anything. And it costs almost $55 including shipping to where I am. Way too much for something so little. I have the soundtrack and full version of the book already, and I will get a copy of the condensed version of the book with my Walmart purchase which - together with my BB purchase - is costing me less than $55.

Looking back at the trailers, in my country they are always included in the Blu-Ray editions of the films, usually on the second discs with bonus features, so I'm pretty calm about that.

DotDotDotDotDash wrote:
ComptonTerry wrote:

Couldn't agree more. Nothing special at all. It doesn't even have the film cel. Plus I heard from somebody who has purchased from them before, and apparently the box that holds everything is just made from thin cardboard, so it doesn't even come in a fancy presentation box or anything. And it costs almost $55 including shipping to where I am. Way too much for something so little. I have the soundtrack and full version of the book already, and I will get a copy of the condensed version of the book with my Walmart purchase which - together with my BB purchase - is costing me less than $55.
Not to mention that packaging is in French.

So to be clear, the booklet that comes with the Walmart version is just an excerpt of "Interstellar: Beyond Time and Space"?

And none of the digital HD versions have all the bonus content that the Blu Ray has?

movieman1005 wrote:So to be clear, the booklet that comes with the Walmart version is just an excerpt of "Interstellar: Beyond Time and Space"?
Yes, it is.
movieman1005 wrote:And none of the digital HD versions have all the bonus content that the Blu Ray has?
Digital HD version on iTunes includes online access to "The Science of Interstellar" bonus feature (iTunes Extras).

taylorimpromptu wrote:
DotDotDotDotDash wrote: Couldn't agree more. Nothing special at all. It doesn't even have the film cel. Plus I heard from somebody who has purchased from them before, and apparently the box that holds everything is just made from thin cardboard, so it doesn't even come in a fancy presentation box or anything. And it costs almost $55 including shipping to where I am. Way too much for something so little. I have the soundtrack and full version of the book already, and I will get a copy of the condensed version of the book with my Walmart purchase which - together with my BB purchase - is costing me less than $55.
Not to mention that packaging is in French.
Oui.

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE. The Walmart collector's edition of the Blu-ray is back in stock and pre-orders are being accepted again!

taylorimpromptu wrote:GOOD NEWS EVERYONE. The Walmart collector's edition of the Blu-ray is back in stock and pre-orders are being accepted again!
I hope Amazon UK does the same thing for the Digimon.