DVD/BLU RAY RELEASE

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
BlairCo wrote:
CoolwhipSpecial wrote:Interstellar deserves to be seen in the best quality possible.
So 240p leaked camrip, yep?
Nah, 160p

AsianVersionOfET wrote:
BlairCo wrote:
CoolwhipSpecial wrote:Interstellar deserves to be seen in the best quality possible.
So 240p leaked camrip, yep?
Nah, 160p
144p ftw

idk I might just end up renting the movie novelization from the library instead.

Nomis1700 wrote:I NEED this on blu-ray!!! Any word on how the IMAX shots are going to be handled?

Besides, I rewatched TDK on blu-ray last Thursday and the 35mm shots weren't as bad as I remembered. In fact, there was a lot of detail. Just some shots could've looked better though. Again, the IMAX shots were absolutely crystal clear with a lot of detail visible. The truck chase was so fantastic to watch, 8 minutes of non-stop IMAX. Terrific action sequence.
In fact, what was the longest sequence of non-stop IMAX in Interstellar? I've only seen it once in IMAX (sadly we only have digital IMAX screens in my country..) So even though you could definitely notice the image got a lot brighter the size was only a bit bigger, so I couldn't really notice how long most IMAX sequences were and if there even were entire scenes completely shot in IMAX...
Again, I really hope they get the 35mm and the IMAX right on the blu-ray. It's a gorgeous film that deserves the better class of blu-ray. Mastering in 4K perhaps? :D

Most likely shifting aspect ratios like TDK & TDKR. The TDK Trilogy had the true IMAX scenes as a special feature. Maybe this will have that as well?

With the IMAX film cells, do they at least go through and cut out semi-interesting shots, or could you conceivably just get some random shot of a character's back walking off screen?

Also, I'm glad the Wal-Mart version used that image for the cover, as that was my favorite poster. I wonder if the other retailers' versions will do the same.

^ Hope not. I prefer the one with Coop, Brand and Doyle standing in the water with the Ranger behind them.

Hustler wrote:
Also, I'm glad the Wal-Mart version used that image for the cover, as that was my favorite poster. I wonder if the other retailers' versions will do the same.
I agree.

titansupes wrote:^ Hope not. I prefer the one with Coop, Brand and Doyle standing in the water with the Ranger behind them.
I really like that one too, minus Cooper not looking like McConaughey. Actually when that poster first came out I thought maybe there was going to be some explanation in the film about his appearance there, something to do with aging/relativity. :lol:

Hustler wrote:
titansupes wrote:^ Hope not. I prefer the one with Coop, Brand and Doyle standing in the water with the Ranger behind them.
I really like that one too, minus Cooper not looking like McConaughey. Actually when that poster first came out I thought maybe there was going to be some explanation in the film about his appearance there, something to do with aging/relativity. :lol:
Remember when we thought it was multiple Coopers!

neb4ever wrote: Remember when we thought it was multiple Coopers!
Cooper in a Mini Cooper... in a Cooper Tire. Coopception.