Interstellar Website

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
The stars seem now to be blinking another code... 6110858

edit: hmm unless Firefox misses out a blink of each star...
Last edited by retoxph on July 29th, 2014, 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

retoxph wrote:The stars seem now to be blinking another code... 6110858
I got 6111858 yesterday, never got the Apollo 11 landing date.

retoxph wrote:The stars seem now to be blinking another code... 6110858

edit: hmm unless Firefox misses out a blink of each star...
that is a drop of 1 in each star expect the third one

because it was for me yesterday when i counted the numbers 7211969, so its skipping actually the forth how does that look?

Got the same pattern again tonight 7211969

Went back to the site several times, and still got 7211969 every time. I tried looking into the HTML behind-the-scenes and found this section, which deals with the seven larger blinking stars:

The seven visible URLs change into URLs ending in star_1.gif, star_2.gif, etc. as the stars blink. Unfortunately, when I downloaded & analyzed the source .gif for each star, it turned out they were all identical, only animating 1 pulse (with the exception of star_3, which animated an extended pulse 4 frames longer). So I couldn't find the bit in the code that actually coded for the 7211969 pattern.

I did, however, confirm that there are no other Easter eggs in the site as of this writing. The only animated sequences are the house (day/night), Cooper's truck, the scarecrow, the rocket, and the stars. No other hidden text, either: just "loading," "look around you," "the answer lies above us," and a couple error messages.

6110858 and 6111858 seem like either a miscount or an error loading the page. When interpreted as a date, neither yields anything of significance.

stoifics42 wrote:Went back to the site several times, and still got 7211969 every time. I tried looking into the HTML behind-the-scenes and found this section, which deals with the seven larger blinking stars:

The seven visible URLs change into URLs ending in star_1.gif, star_2.gif, etc. as the stars blink. Unfortunately, when I downloaded & analyzed the source .gif for each star, it turned out they were all identical, only animating 1 pulse (with the exception of star_3, which animated an extended pulse 4 frames longer). So I couldn't find the bit in the code that actually coded for the 7211969 pattern.

I did, however, confirm that there are no other Easter eggs in the site as of this writing. The only animated sequences are the house (day/night), Cooper's truck, the scarecrow, the rocket, and the stars. No other hidden text, either: just "loading," "look around you," "the answer lies above us," and a couple error messages.

6110858 and 6111858 seem like either a miscount or an error loading the page. When interpreted as a date, neither yields anything of significance.
You're proving to be a rather valuable new member, boy.

stoifics42 wrote:Went back to the site several times, and still got 7211969 every time. I tried looking into the HTML behind-the-scenes and found this section, which deals with the seven larger blinking stars:

Great work thanks man, so apparently for now this is it, right, the only thing which is probably over thinking is why the 3 is longer but well :gonf:

Thanks for the work man, and welcome to the forums. :gonf:

Does anyone else think the moon looks a bit…jagged? It looks as if it's been cut in half. You can even see stars shining where the other half should be.