Interstellar Industry/Celebrity Buzz

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
MiracleSleeper2 wrote:
chocoboba wrote:
thrice wrote:it's strange that they would use the same track again
Like Nolan said, they are trying to keep as much as possible a surprise for the audience.
How secretive were they with Inception? I can't remember. Was it to this degree?
It was relatively kept under wraps, but this is definitely his most "secretive" film (excluding the Jonah draft that leaked ages ago, but that was written before it was a Christopher Nolan film).

MiracleSleeper2 wrote:
chocoboba wrote:
Like Nolan said, they are trying to keep as much as possible a surprise for the audience.
How secretive were they with Inception? I can't remember. Was it to this degree?
All Nolan's films are secretive to a degree. But Interstellar has been the most secretive hands down. And that's probably because it's not a big action movie or franchise. Even Inception was marketed as a big summer action movie. Interstellar is a fall movie and seems to have an emphasis on human drama. I guess Nolan gets to be as secretive as he wants on this one.

kor
Maybe higher secretive level on Interstellar arose due to the fact, that TDKR had a lot of leakings, like tons of set photos & videos (also with 3rd act stuff), massive spoilers about Miss Tate and stabbing early on, even capuchino ending was known way before. So maybe Nolan doubled security forces.

Yes indeed. Nolan values very highly the element of surprise for audiences. To Nolan, it's very important that the audience enters the theater knowing almost nothing about the film, but having enough curiosity to watch the film. That makes for a delightful and joyous viewing experience when the audience is genuinely surprised and wowed by novel content in the film. It's a very traditional point of view going back to how theater-going used to be before the internet.

Indeed I think it's partially due to the amount of TDKR leaks that occured. Most Nolan films were kept pretty tight in terms of leaks (including Inception), but for some reason, TDKR had an unusually high amount of leaks for a Nolan film. I'm not referring to the public set image leaks, which Nolan anticipated, given they were filming in large public locations in daylight. The unusual leaks were the plot leaks like the ending and third act reveals.

So I'm quite sure that Nolan increased security to unprecedented levels for Interstellar. The old leaked Interstellar script I wouldn't count, as I'm very confident Nolan's final script is significantly different than the leaked script.

MiracleSleeper2 wrote:
chocoboba wrote:
I would say Inception was slightly less secretive, but that may have been closer to the release date. There was more interactive material, set reports, and background information. Definitely less leaks than The Dark Knight rises, probably because they didn't have to watch out for people with cameras around LA and Pittsburgh. On the other hand, we haven't had a script draft leak before.

EnzoTheBaker wrote:
I would say Inception was slightly less secretive, but that may have been closer to the release date. There was more interactive material, set reports, and background information. Definitely less leaks than The Dark Knight rises, probably because they didn't have to watch out for people with cameras around LA and Pittsburgh. On the other hand, we haven't had a script draft leak before.
...and that is quickly appearing to be the most efficient leak of them all.

cclem wrote:
EnzoTheBaker wrote:
...and that is quickly appearing to be the most efficient leak of them all.
It still surprises me that so many members here read that draft. I would have thought they'd want to hold off from so many potential big-time spoilers. I didn't go close to that thing.

I figured there was enough of a difference in time/writer for it to not be anywhere near totally spoiling for the final product. I may have been right, but not as right as I thought.

thegreypilgrim wrote:I figured there was enough of a difference in time/writer for it to not be anywhere near totally spoiling for the final product. I may have been right, but not as right as I thought.
That sounds like something out of a movie. I read that imagining you saying it with a really dark, grim voice.

INT. DARKLY LIT ROOM - NIGHT

Darkness shrouds an empty, dust covered room. There is only silence as TheGreyPilgrim stands besides MiracleSleeper, staring downward with a devastated glare.

THEGREYPILGRIM
(dark tone)
"I may have been right...."
(closes his eyes sadly)
."..but not as right as I thought."

MiracleSleeper stares onward at Pilgrim, tears streaming down from his eyes. TheGreyPilgrim sadly walks away into the darkness.

THE END

MiracleSleeper2 wrote:
thegreypilgrim wrote:I figured there was enough of a difference in time/writer for it to not be anywhere near totally spoiling for the final product. I may have been right, but not as right as I thought.
That sounds like something out of a movie. I read that imagining you saying it with a really dark, grim voice.

INT. DARKLY LIT ROOM - NIGHT

Darkness shrouds an empty, dust covered room. There is only silence as TheGreyPilgrim stands besides MiracleSleeper, staring downward with a devastated glare.

THEGREYPILGRIM
(dark tone)
"I may have been right...."
(closes his eyes sadly)
."..but not as right as I thought."

MiracleSleeper stares onward at Pilgrim, tears streaming down from his eyes. TheGreyPilgrim sadly walks away into the darkness.

THE END
LOL WTF :gonf: :clap: