Interstellar Industry/Celebrity Buzz

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
I agree with you genloovers

genloovers wrote:I'm not targeting this one guy. I'm talking about this whole thing at large. 9 out of 10 people wouldn't even know who the director of GOTG is, yet he somehow thinks he's important enough that whatever thought comes to his mind is so important he has to share it with the world. How about keeping your thoughts to yourself and going about your life? That's why I love Nolan; the guy really sees the absurdity and danger of what social media represents. Social media has literally made everyone a douche.
Says a guy on an internet forum

Just FYI that Nolan will be on DeGrasse Tyson's new show on National Geographic channel in just over 1 week:

StarTalk: Christopher Nolan
Premieres Monday, April 27, at 11 PM ET/PT

Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson interviews director, screenwriter and producer Christopher Nolan about The Science of Interstellar. Nolan discusses how he translates his love of science to his films. Dr. Janna Levin, professor of Astronomy and Physics at Columbia University, and comedian Eugene Mirman are on hand to add some colorful commentary.

http://www.startalkradio.net/announcing ... -schedule/

Finally! It's been so long since Tyson said he interviewed Nolan. It was actually the reason why I registered to this forum in the first place, to get some info when it's being aired. Now I know... But I guess I'm staying longer ;)

We missed PREDESTINATION, which deserved a nod, but we did get INTERSTELLAR, which I rank up there with 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY.
-George R.R. Martin

:clap:

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
We missed PREDESTINATION, which deserved a nod, but we did get INTERSTELLAR, which I rank up there with 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY.
-George R.R. Martin

Awesome! Where did this come from?

Sky007 wrote:
Now Where Was I ? wrote:
-George R.R. Martin

Awesome! Where did this come from?
His blog

What does he mean by "we"? And a nod for what?

LelekPL wrote:What does he mean by "we"? And a nod for what?
"We" means him and the general public. He's a fan like everybody else when it comes to sci-fi and fantasy. And "nod" is obviously referring to Oscars.

No, I think he gave out some awards on his blog.