Trailer #3

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Dom
willyjoel wrote: I read the earlier draft and I think I know what it is, but why would you want to spoil yourself? Just 4 more months, just 4 more months, you can do it...
Professional bias. I study astrophysics and that shot is driving me mad. Just a yes/no under spoiler tag will suffice 8-)

"We'll find a way. We always have."

This movie truly seems to be a love letter to science. I'm so glad considering we've been bombarded with those crappy religious movies (i.e., Noah, Heaven is for Real).

It's about time we got a movie saluting science! Because, in the end, that's what will save us. Because it's no fairy tale.

"love is the one thing that ____________ time and space"

what is anne's character saying? missing the key word...

TauHeel05 wrote:"love is the one thing that ____________ time and space"

transcends

Dom

Trascends.
Also, that quote somehow really reminds me of Carl Sagan's Contact: "For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."

nolannolanchrischris wrote:

transcends
Thanks. At work and i can't crank up the volume.

I'm mildly disappointed. The imagery is gorgeous, but the tone of the trailer is nonsense. It comes across like Remember the Titans or some other sports movie. The music is awkwardly upbeat, which coupled with the "Love is better than everything" type dialogue sounds nauseating.

thrice wrote:from Zimmer's site :
"The trailer is NOT my music! You won't hear our score until you see the movie in a cinema. It's important to us to give everyone a fresh experience by not having given any of it away...Plus, you need really BIG speakers. Really BIG!"
Can you provide the source link for this?

willyjoel wrote:
Dom wrote:Image

Anyone that has read the script, please answer me this without spoiling too much.

Is this ice planet orbiting a binary system composed of a star and a black hole? I've been trying to wrap my head around this beautiful image and it's frankly the only way I can explain the bright halo around the black hole (as a gravitationally distorted image of the star behind the black hole) and, well, the fact that the planet is illuminated and clearly contains liquid water other than artistic licence.
I read the earlier draft and I think I know what it is, but why would you want to spoil yourself? Just 4 more months, just 4 more months, you can do it...
4 months? Can you count? More like 3 months.

Dom wrote:Image

Anyone that has read the script, please answer me this without spoiling too much.

Is this ice planet orbiting a binary system composed of a star and a black hole? I've been trying to wrap my head around this beautiful image and it's frankly the only way I can explain the bright halo around the black hole (as a gravitationally distorted image of the star behind the black hole) and, well, the fact that the planet is illuminated and clearly contains liquid water other than artistic licence.
What we're seeing here is almost certainly an accretion disk around the black hole which, presumably, has pulled matter away from a companion star(s). The light you're seeing is the gas pulled from these star(s) heated up to extreme temperatures and emitting electromagnetic radiation. The accretion disks around black holes typically radiate x-rays.