Trailer #3

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Who is he playing anyway?

m4st4 wrote:Who is he playing anyway?
Nobody knows. Possibly Chastain's love interest.

Panapaok wrote:
Ugh. Who would love such a meek character.

A note on a couple of things I noticed in the Theater vs. on a 1080p computer monitor:

The scene in Trailer 3 where the ship is flying in what appears to be the atmosphere of the ice planet - from my computer monitor, I always asked, "what's that stuff flaking off of the ship and why?" Well, in the theater, I noticed that there is a mountain in the fog/clouds, in which the ship scrapes the mountain surface - explaining why stuff is flaking off the ship.
Didn't I read somewhere that there is going to be a massive spaceship crash sequence? I hope so, and hope it is a true "set piece", i.e. a scene that develops over time.
The other thing I noticed in the theater is that when the soundtrack music swells up in amplitude and then disappears, there is a lot of reverb in the theater - the change from loudness to silence was great in the theater. On computer speakers, it just sounds as if the sounds stops - not nearly as much reverb.

In short - the trailer is great and even greater in a theater!

dsus4gtr wrote:A note on a couple of things I noticed in the Theater vs. on a 1080p computer monitor:

The scene in Trailer 3 where the ship is flying in what appears to be the atmosphere of the ice planet - from my computer monitor, I always asked, "what's that stuff flaking off of the ship and why?" Well, in the theater, I noticed that there is a mountain in the fog/clouds, in which the ship scrapes the mountain surface - explaining why stuff is flaking off the ship.
Didn't I read somewhere that there is going to be a massive spaceship crash sequence? I hope so, and hope it is a true "set piece", i.e. a scene that develops over time.
The other thing I noticed in the theater is that when the soundtrack music swells up in amplitude and then disappears, there is a lot of reverb in the theater - the change from loudness to silence was great in the theater. On computer speakers, it just sounds as if the sounds stops - not nearly as much reverb.

Damn I wanna see it in a theater so bad

dsus4gtr wrote:A note on a couple of things I noticed in the Theater vs. on a 1080p computer monitor:

Good stuff.

As far as the third trailer being played in front of GOTG, I think they are restricting it to IMAX showings for these very reasons. Both the visuals and the sound mix demand (and command) the specs of an IMAX screen and speaker system. When I saw GOTG in IMAX this weekend, there were two groups of trailers at the beginning: (i) the trailers that were played at a normal resolution, and (ii) the trailers that were preceded by an "enhanced for IMAX" notification. The Interstellar trailer was of the latter group.

taylorimpromptu wrote:As far as the third trailer being played in front of GOTG, I think they are restricting it to IMAX showings for these very reasons.
That very much depends on the theater. There are definitely theaters playing Trailer 3 with non-IMAX GotG showings. If you didn't see it with a GotG showing, then it may have been a "B" print. Movies are usually scheduled as "A" prints, and "B" prints, each one with different sets of trailers.

m4st4 wrote:
Panapaok wrote:
Ugh. Who would love such a meek character.
:lol:

It's certainly a hard pill to swallow. Here's hoping he tears it up, if only for one movie. Nolan seems to work wonders with guys like that. Thought he did pretty good with JGL, who is a little overrated IMO.

This trailer is fucking fantastic.
Just came here to say this.
Back to none active member status ;)