Trailer #2

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
MUST... NOT.... CLICK...

*tears*

Wow! I can't believe so much of the plot is revealed in the trailer. I wasn't expecting that. Did you get the impression the acting's good? Think McConaughey'll get an Oscar nomination? Does he look like he did in True Detective? Sorry, major McConaughey stan here!

nolannolanchrischris wrote:
Innovator wrote:
nolannolanchrischris wrote:Yeah I apologize guys, I was too stoked to remember all of it but... first of all, there was no stock footage. The initial "announcement" was simply from the museum saying the 3D glasses were not required. Also, it's not 2 minutes 54 seconds, probably closer to 2:35-40.
Coop walks into an office with David Oyelowo or Gyasi (I'm racist, sue me) and someone else
A little late Coop… - David
Ah, we had a flat. - Coop

Cut to Coop racing through corn fields in his pickup truck with his two kids... there is a drone chasing them.
Indian surveillance drones… solar cells power an entire farm... - Coop
What did ya do Murph? – the kid from Homeland
Ah she didn’t do nothing. – Coop
Murphy’s Law! - Homeland kid

Cut back to the office
You’re a well educated man, Coop. And a trained pilot. - David
And an engineer – Coop
The world doesn’t need anymore engineers – David
We didn’t run out of planes and television sets… we ran out of food – David

--- through this preceding part, there are interspersed shots of burning cornfields with Chastain and a bearded Affleck looking on (in different shots),
Title/Director card
Murph and Coop standing by the pickup truck...
Dad, why did you name me after something that’s bad? – Murph
Well, we didn’t. – Coop
Murphy’s Law? – Murph
Murphy’s Law doesn’t mean something bad will happen… it means that whatever CAN happen, will happen. – Coop
Cut to baseball game/massive dust cloud shot
cut to Professor Michael Caine and Coop walking by the massive construction/maintenance of what are probably space ships or something.
We must confront the reality that nothing in our solar system can help us – Caine
Now you need to tell me what your plan is to save the world – Coop
You’re not meant to save the world. You’re meant to lead it. – Caine
… this is the mission people train for - Caine
I got kids, Professor - Coop
Get out there and save them. - Caine

Cut to tearful Murph in their house.
(How will I know you’re)? Coming back?
I’m coming back… - Coop

(after this point, it was all a blur and I can't remember most of what was on the screen)
Blasting off into space, Coop in the ship, space imagery, two of the astronauts submerging in some tank (cyro freeze? idk)
We must reach far beyond (…) - Caine
(other stuff) - Caine

Space imagery, the ship zipping through a worm hole (cl
Murph, I love you, forever. - Coop
I’m coming back. - Coop

end
I couldn't be more excited for this, it sounds highly different from what Nolan has done so far. Thanks for sharing this! :thumbup:

Can you say anything about the cinematography?
It certainly looks really great. I don't know much about cinematography though.
Overall, it's probably Nolan's most 'emotional' trailer. I'm excited about McConaughey in this. He really is an everyman kind of guy.

And again, if
there are other planets and stuff, this trailer holds back a great deal. It's mostly the set up on Earth.
Awesome. After watching 'Her', I just knew Hoyte would deliver some great visuals on this one.

Goddamn, I need to see this!

nolannolanchrischris wrote:Yeah I apologize guys, I was too stoked to remember all of it but... first of all, there was no stock footage. The initial "announcement" was simply from the museum saying the 3D glasses were not required. Also, it's not 2 minutes 54 seconds, probably closer to 2:35-40.
Coop (McConaughey) walks into an office with David Oyelowo or Gyasi (I'm racist, sue me) and someone else.
"A little late Coop…" - David's character
"We had a flat." - Coop

Cut to Coop racing through corn fields in his pickup truck with his two kids... there is a drone chasing them.
"Indian surveillance drones… solar cells power an entire farm..." - Coop
"What did ya do Murph?" – the kid from Homeland, to his little sister Murph (played by Mackenzie Foy)
"Ah, she didn’t do nothing." – Coop
"Murphy’s Law!" - Homeland kid

Cut back to the office
"You’re a well educated man, Coop. And a trained pilot." - David's character
"And an engineer." – Coop
"The world doesn’t need any more engineers. We didn’t run out of planes and television sets… we ran out of food." – David's character

--- through this preceding part, there are interspersed shots of burning cornfields with Chastain and a bearded Affleck looking on (in different shots).

[From Christopher Nolan, Director of Inception and The Dark Knight Trilogy.]
Murph and Coop standing by the pickup truck...
"Dad, why did you name me after something that’s bad?" – Murph
"Well, we didn’t." – Coop
"Murphy’s Law?" – Murph
"Murphy’s Law doesn’t mean something bad will happen… it means that whatever CAN happen, will happen." – Coop
Cut to baseball game/massive dust cloud shot
cut to Professor Michael Caine and Coop walking by the massive construction/maintenance of what are probably space ships or something.
"We must confront the reality that nothing in our solar system can help us." – Caine's character
"Now you need to tell me what your plan is to save the world." – Coop
"You’re not meant to save the world. You’re meant to lead it." – Caine's character
"… this is the mission people train for." - Caine's character
"I got kids, Professor." - Coop
"Go out there and save them." - Caine's character

Cut to tearful Murph in their house.
"(How will I know you’re) coming back?" - Murph
"I’m coming back…" - Coop

(after this point, it was all a blur and I can't remember most of what was on the screen)
Blasting off into space, Coop in the ship, space imagery, two of the astronauts submerging in some tank (cyro freeze? idk)
"We must reach far beyond (…)" - Caine's character
(other stuff) - Caine's character

Space imagery, the ship zipping through a worm hole.
"Murph, I love you, forever." - Coop
"I’m coming back." - Coop

end
Surprised that Hathaway isn't in the trailer.
Last edited by Panapaok on May 31st, 2014, 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

What about the tone? Was it super serious? Or was there some of that adventurous wonder Nolan mentioned at CinemaCon, ala mass audience blockbusters?

And THANK YOU!

comicbookmovie.com just took nolannolanchrischris's description.
Who's the leak?

11072014 wrote:comicbookmovie.com just took nolannolanchrischris's description.
Who's the leak?
Link?

Lol, i didn't get any of it.

11072014 wrote:
Pratham wrote:
11072014 wrote:comicbookmovie.com just took nolannolanchrischris's description.
Who's the leak?
Link?
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=99514

My bet's on Starfox
Yesterday, The Washington Post reported that the new trailer for Interstellar is being shown in Washington, DC at the National Air and Space Museum's IMAX theater. Starfox, a member of nolanfans.com, rushed off to go check it out and he has provided a detailed account, which you can read below. Enjoy!