Trailer #2

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
ChrisTilford wrote:
b4ben11 wrote:What state is Cooper's farm in?
According to the 2008 draft, California. But given McC's casting, it may be altered to Texas.
I don't want to re-read the script (my idea of going spoiler free!) but
I seem to recall that Cooper had to go to Texas a couple of times - to NASA in Houston - so it would make more sense to locate Cooper in Texas near NASA already. California doesn't really figure into space exploration, it's Texas and Florida. And the story ends up in Galveston doesn't it?

Aili wrote:
ChrisTilford wrote:
b4ben11 wrote:What state is Cooper's farm in?
According to the 2008 draft, California. But given McC's casting, it may be altered to Texas.
I don't want to re-read the script (my idea of going spoiler free!) but
I seem to recall that Cooper had to go to Texas a couple of times - to NASA in Houston - so it would make more sense to locate Cooper in Texas near NASA already. California doesn't really figure into space exploration, it's Texas and Florida. And the story ends up in Galveston doesn't it?
NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory is in California, and they conduct research based on the information their spacecraft receive in coordination with scientists at Goddard Space Flight Center in Maryland. These two facilities would likely be the ones detecting and researching the wormhole. Cooper and the rest of the crew would receive their spaceflight training at Johnson Space Center in Houston. The ship itself would likely be designed at either Armstrong Flight Research Center or Langley Research Center. From there it would be assembled at and launched from Kennedy Space Center.

Provided all these facilities are still in use during Interstellar's time period, we may be seeing quite a bit of NASA in this film.

Bringing back some old school.

I caught this last night with Lucy in theaters. Needless to say, it was amazing to see it on the big screen finally. In all honesty I like this trailer a lot more than the 3rd. I wasn't a big fan of the 3rd trailer much to be honest. But regardless, I'm confident I'll love this film in its entirety.

Does anyone happen to still have the old French bootleg? I seem to have deleted my copy a while back, and I'm trying to collect the files for all the trailers/leaks.

EDIT: Never mind, turns out I never deleted it; it just had a filename that was not conducive to library searches.

[rewatches and relives the moment he first saw it]

stoifics42 wrote:Does anyone happen to still have the old French bootleg? I seem to have deleted my copy a while back, and I'm trying to collect the files for all the trailers/leaks.

EDIT: Never mind, turns out I never deleted it; it just had a filename that was not conducive to library searches.

Can you send me this, please?

Granatto wrote:
stoifics42 wrote:Does anyone happen to still have the old French bootleg? I seem to have deleted my copy a while back, and I'm trying to collect the files for all the trailers/leaks.

Can you send me this, please?
In theory this ought to work - INTERSTELLAR Trailer 2 French Bootleg: http://www.mediafire.com/watch/yg2bnx6q ... r2Leak.mpg

(the media player doesn't seem to be working but the download button should)

Thanks!

I might be late to notice this, but that shot in the trailer where we see the two kids riding in the bed of the truck... Isn't that Flora Nolan? And possibly one of his sons as well?

Watching this trailer again almost drove me to tears. Good lord, that last line by Caine, "We must confront the reality of interstellar travel" paired with the shot of the spaceship outside the wormhole gives me chills.

UnknownVariation wrote:Watching this trailer again almost drove me to tears. Good lord, that last line by Caine, "We must confront the reality of interstellar travel" paired with the shot of the spaceship outside the wormhole gives me chills.
If the rest of the film is even half as good as this chill-inducing moment you reference from Trailer 2, I will be sublimely happy.