Trailer #2

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
radewart wrote:
ras_al_deacon wrote:I'm also really curious as to how much has changed from the first script to this one. My friend who works at WB says 'a lot,' but he doesn't work directly with Syncopy so I'm not sure how much he knows.

Going on faith that you do have a friend at Warner Bros.(sorry it's the internet), does he/she say anything else about Interstellar?
Or you could just tell him to join the threads already :thumbup:

cclem wrote:
radewart wrote:
ras_al_deacon wrote:I'm also really curious as to how much has changed from the first script to this one. My friend who works at WB says 'a lot,' but he doesn't work directly with Syncopy so I'm not sure how much he knows.

Going on faith that you do have a friend at Warner Bros.(sorry it's the internet), does he/she say anything else about Interstellar?
Or you could just tell him to join the threads already :thumbup:

haha. not much. the Syncopy office is on the Warner lot (actually right across from Cruel and Unusual Films, which is Zack Snyder's production company), but they are pretty isolated from the rest of WB. Those who do deal with Syncopy know that if any leaks get traced back to them, its their asses hitting the unemployment line. My buddy knows an assistant there and I've gotten a slow drip-feed of information, but nothing out of the ordinary -- the typical "it's going to be amazing / if he executes the script it'll be his best film ever" ... which we already know!

Good news: Warner/Paramount sent an unencrypted version of Interstellar trailer 2 to international cinemas this week, expect a 4K (!!!) encode soon with a proper surround mix…

Based on the trailer, approximately 0% of the first few scenes. But that doesn't mean bigger changes aren't coming later.

ek79 wrote:I never liked her commentaries. Never.
So It's no different here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gssBNSl2Dh0
She is the most ignorant and annoying movie reviewer on the internet. Every time she attempts to talk about a movie she ends up yapping about box office this and that. I saw her "review" for Locke and The Drop and all she talk about was how Tom Hardy shouldn't be doing smaller movies. She is a joke and bimbo with no knowledge of film.

AsianVersionOfET wrote:
ras_al_deacon wrote:Good points.
I thought of your note re: traveling forward in time. But I think backward in time is too juicy for Nolan to ignore. From Kip Thorne:

A wormhole-based time machine: A wormhole is a hypothetical tunnel through hyperspace that links one place in our Universe (e.g. my office at Caltech) to another place (e.g. the Caltech football field). Each end of the wormhole (each mouth) looks like a crystal ball. Staring into it, one sees a distorted image of objects at the other end. Looking into the mouth in my office, I see the football field, distorted; someone on the football field, looking into the mouth there, sees me and my office, distorted. The wormhole (tunnel) might be only 3 metres long, so if I enter the mouth in my office and then travel just 3 metres through the tunnel, I emerge from the other mouth, onto the football field 300 metres from my office.

Suppose, now, that a creature from an extremely advanced civilisation carries the football-field mouth out into the Universe on a "twins paradox" trip. When that mouth returns, it may have aged by only one second while the mouth in my office aged by one day. The wormhole has become a time machine: If I enter one mouth and travel through it for only a few seconds, I emerge from the other mouth one day in the future. Travelling through it in the other direction, I emerge one day in the past!

When I read this, that's when my brain started firing.
Dude, you're giving me chills!
If you get chills from reading stuff on the internet, you probably don't fair too well in the REAL WORLD.

chocoboba wrote:
AsianVersionOfET wrote:
I thought of your note re: traveling forward in time. But I think backward in time is too juicy for Nolan to ignore. From Kip Thorne:

A wormhole-based time machine: A wormhole is a hypothetical tunnel through hyperspace that links one place in our Universe (e.g. my office at Caltech) to another place (e.g. the Caltech football field). Each end of the wormhole (each mouth) looks like a crystal ball. Staring into it, one sees a distorted image of objects at the other end. Looking into the mouth in my office, I see the football field, distorted; someone on the football field, looking into the mouth there, sees me and my office, distorted. The wormhole (tunnel) might be only 3 metres long, so if I enter the mouth in my office and then travel just 3 metres through the tunnel, I emerge from the other mouth, onto the football field 300 metres from my office.

Suppose, now, that a creature from an extremely advanced civilisation carries the football-field mouth out into the Universe on a "twins paradox" trip. When that mouth returns, it may have aged by only one second while the mouth in my office aged by one day. The wormhole has become a time machine: If I enter one mouth and travel through it for only a few seconds, I emerge from the other mouth one day in the future. Travelling through it in the other direction, I emerge one day in the past!

If you get chills from reading stuff on the internet, you probably don't fair too well in the REAL WORLD.
Last edited by chocoboba on May 21st, 2014, 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chocoboba wrote:
AsianVersionOfET wrote:

Are you this miserable all the time?

Are you this miserable all the time?
Probably just till Interstellar comes out. 8-)