Interstellar Box Office Predictions

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
$850 million. That's being rather generous, I think. We'll see how it all pans out. This is just the first day of what looks two be a fantastic two years of discussion. :P

"From the director of Inception and The Dark Knight trilogy" That will inevitably be slapped on the trailers and will guarantee quite a few asses in the seats from the get-go. I'd say it will fare even better than Inception at least.

650 million. With a prominent cast and extensive special effects.

$900 million

It also depends on the year of release.

if it's in 3D / IMAX format it would hit $1 Billion Worldwide. :D

We still have no clue the demographic of which it's aimed. The film sounds extremely science-y which turns people off. Spielberg's involvement could scream commercial, but he's been interested in doing films with smaller audiences for a while.

-Vader

DoubleD wrote:
Allstar wrote:
Not try to be argumentative or rude but what on earth makes you say that?
I was just throwing it out there.
I know what you just did there :lol: Bookmark this shit so that two-three years from now, when this will pass TDKR at the BO, you'll have evidence to prove us you were right :P

Vader182 wrote:We still have no clue the demographic of which it's aimed. The film sounds extremely science-y which turns people off. Spielberg's involvement could scream commercial, but he's been interested in doing films with smaller audiences for a while.

-Vader
It's has a heroic blockbuster adventure appeal to counter the sci-fi aspect.

Knowing Nolan, he'll try to appeal to as many people as possible- especially the average movie-goer.

I'd say less than Inception.
Prob around the 700 -800 mill range.