Interstellar Box Office Predictions

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Posts: 283
Joined: February 2011
Location: Limbo
Knight wrote:http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/entry/view/id/819499

Seems Big Hero 6 has a good chance of beating Interstellar's OW. I can only imagine the headlines if Interstellar debuts at #2.
"Nolan's first disappointment."
Eh, they are 2 very different films, so I think people will not claim it as a disappointment and more like common sense. My little cousin are excited to see Big Hero 6 with me, but too bad for them cause I spend all my movie money on Interstellar IMAX Screenings :lol: :twisted:

Posts: 2554
Joined: July 2013
I wouldn't be surprised if Hero 6 takes #1 at the box office. That movie has been advertised like madness, and so far almost everyone I talk to has no clue of what Interstellar even is.

Ignorant fools, they are.

Posts: 3457
Joined: June 2010
Location: Secret Canadian Bunker
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/weekendw ... ?id=124747
This Week's Predictions -

1. Interstellar (Paramount) - $65.4 million N/A

2. Big Hero 6 (Walt Disney) - $54.6 million N/A

3. Nightcrawler (Open Road Entertainment) - $5.7 million -45%

4. Gone Girl (20th Century Fox) - $5.5 million -35%

5. Fury (Sony) - $5 million -43%

6. St. Vincent (The Weinstein Company) - $4.7 million -35%

7. Ouija (Universal) - $4.5 million -57%

8. The Book of Life (20th Century Fox) - $4.3 million -47%

9. John Wick (Lionsgate) - $4.2 million -48%

10. Birdman (Fox Searchlight) - $3 million

Posts: 19
Joined: November 2014
Location: Kentucky
Dragon_316ca wrote:http://www.comingsoon.net/news/weekendw ... ?id=124747
This Week's Predictions -

1. Interstellar (Paramount) - $65.4 million N/A

2. Big Hero 6 (Walt Disney) - $54.6 million N/A

3. Nightcrawler (Open Road Entertainment) - $5.7 million -45%

4. Gone Girl (20th Century Fox) - $5.5 million -35%

5. Fury (Sony) - $5 million -43%

6. St. Vincent (The Weinstein Company) - $4.7 million -35%

7. Ouija (Universal) - $4.5 million -57%

8. The Book of Life (20th Century Fox) - $4.3 million -47%

9. John Wick (Lionsgate) - $4.2 million -48%

10. Birdman (Fox Searchlight) - $3 million
That would be an impressive haul, considering that it would beat Inception's & Batman Begins' opening weekend. Here are some of Nolan's opening weekend totals:

The Dark Knight Rises: $160 million
The Dark Knight: $158 million
Inception: $62.7 million
Batman Begins: $48.7 million
The Prestige: $14.8 million

Posts: 283
Joined: February 2011
Location: Limbo
With all the IMAX marketing it'll definitely surpass Inception.

Latest data from @Fandango on advance tix sales - #Interstellar outpacing Gravity, #BigHero6 outselling WreckItRalph.
2:54pm - 5 Nov 14

Gravity Opening Weekend
$55m

Wreck it Ralph Opening Weekend
$49m

Looks like its going to be a close race for #1

Posts: 169
Joined: October 2013
Location: 'Murica!
MiracleSleeper2 wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Hero 6 takes #1 at the box office. That movie has been advertised like madness, and so far almost everyone I talk to has no clue of what Interstellar even is.

Ignorant fools, they are.
Surprisingly in where I live, I have barely seen any advertisement for Big Hero 6 but tons for Interstellar on TV. Plus all of the guys in my film class are excited to see Interstellar with no mention of Big Hero 6.

Posts: 42
Joined: September 2014
TomsWindow wrote: Surprisingly in where I live, I have barely seen any advertisement for Big Hero 6 but tons for Interstellar on TV. Plus all of the guys in my film class are excited to see Interstellar with no mention of Big Hero 6.
Pretty much the same here (at least in Paris). Lots of billboard ads showing Interstellar posters, but I have seen zero for Big Hero 6. I feel like there isn't much advertising around Big Hero 6...

EDIT: Just discovered that Big Hero 6 will only be released in February 2015 in France. Guess it's no surprise I haven't heard that much about it.

Posts: 54116
Joined: May 2010
brickarts295 wrote:With all the IMAX marketing it'll definitely surpass Inception.

Latest data from @Fandango on advance tix sales - #Interstellar outpacing Gravity, #BigHero6 outselling WreckItRalph.
2:54pm - 5 Nov 14

Gravity Opening Weekend
$55m

Wreck it Ralph Opening Weekend
$49m

Looks like its going to be a close race for #1
It's going to be reeeally interesting.

Posts: 244
Joined: August 2009
Location: Berkeley, California
Interstellar matinees are very strong today, but it could just be all the Nolan fans going to see the film. Really won't know until Friday around noon how things are going.

Posts: 615
Joined: March 2014
Location: The old country
Somebody please tell me it'll be No. 1, gross over $60 million and reputations will be kept intact.

I'm feeling the worries now

Post Reply