Interstellar Box Office Predictions

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
I think the key to it breaking $ 1 billion (which I still think it won't do) will be to literally make a film that needs to be seen twice before beginning to understand it properly (like Memento and Inception). If many people see it twice it has a chance.

davids wrote:I think the key to it breaking $ 1 billion (which I still think it won't do) will be to literally make a film that needs to be seen twice before beginning to understand it properly (like Memento and Inception). If many people see it twice it has a chance.
Not necessarily. The experience alone should do the trick.

Titanic, Avatar... People went back because they wanted to sink with Jack and Rose/travel to another planet again.

I think to be able to reach the 1 billion mark it has to have a bombastic second trailer (like The Dark Knight did, although, of course, that movie already had some hype before that), or just simply a bombastic marketing campaign - which obviously isn't happening. Not that I mind it, at this point it's clear to me that Nolan isn't after money-making. He doesn't want to sell out the movie ricidulously (like The Amazing Spider-Man 2 did with the infinite amount of trailers and clips and shit), he wants the audiences to know as little as possible about the movie before they actually get to see it. And I guess this excludes the intensive marketing campaign. And I also guess the movie isn't really suitable for a viral marketing like TDK or even Inception. So... it's not really about money at this point. It will automatically reach 600-800 million because of Nolan, because of his reputation, because of the actors and because of the genre and the big scope of the film. But Nolan (and his colleagues) don't really care for the movie hitting extreme heights in box office, it's clear to me at this point.

I think it's a little early to know how intense the movie's marketing campaign will be, just because it's still so early. I haven't seen much about the next Hobbit or Hunger Games movie (arguably bigger productions), because they're not coming out until the end of the year.

It's definitely to early to talk about this..but I would say it will go a bit higher than Inception, so lets say around 80 million $ the first weekend in the US and a final BoxOffice of around 1.1 billion $ worldwide. :)

I'm thinking something like: 833 673 552 $. You have to be accurate when doing these predictions ;)

Also, my first comment here :clap:

Nauta wrote:I'm thinking something like: 833 673 552 $. You have to be accurate when doing these predictions ;)

Also, my first comment here :clap:
A damn confident first post.

$4,815,162,342

102,704,669,783.45$