Wes Bentley Joins Christopher Nolan's 'Interstellar'

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
What a wonderful ensemble Nolan has put together; filled with a variety of different talents. I think this has become my favorite Nolan cast.

EnzoTheBaker wrote:
DoubleD wrote:It's an American made movie, telling the story about Americans.
Nolan's an American now? Sweet!

[quote="Allstar]Thoughts on Wes Bentley? Worst casting yet?
Worst casting ever in any movie ever made.[/quote][/quote]

By American made, I mean Paramount an Warner Bros.

And I'm sorry, but this whole running racism joke is just really dumb.

One of the funkiest casts I think has been assembled. I love Nolan's old-school sensibilities when it comes to things like this.

ArmandFancypants wrote:One of the funkiest casts I think has been assembled. I love Nolan's old-school sensibilities when it comes to things like this.
Care to elaborate why it so funky and old school?

DoubleD wrote:It's an American made movie, telling the story about Americans.

Deal with it people.
I don't have a problem with the cast, Nolan can cast who he wants and I know for a fact that he is not racist seeing as how he has given people of color good roles in his past films but I have a problem with your statement DoubleD. Does the term Americans only apply to white people? I'm Indian, a person of color but I have lived in America all my life and I identify myself as American. Should American movies not tell stories about Americans who are of color? Yes, this movie is an American movie telling stories about Americans, but it would be nice if colored Americans had their stories told too.

America is a very diverse country, our media should show that.

I really like this cast. The new additions have all been ok with me.

akv1984 wrote: Does the term Americans only apply to white people? .
No, and that wasn't what I was even trying to imply. If it came off that way I apologize. By saying "Americans", I was referring to the fact that the story is set in California and Texas.
akv1984 wrote:....but it would be nice if colored Americans had their stories told too.
Colored Americans get their stories told all the time. 42, Fruitville Station, The Call, & Alex Cross immediately come to mind has recent stories about colored Americans.
akv1984 wrote: I don't have a problem with the cast, Nolan can cast who he wants and I know for a fact that he is not racist seeing as how he has given people of color good roles in his past films....
Correct. But does that mean that he is obligated to cast a colored person in every one of his films just for the sake of doing so. He obviously has in his mind who these characters are, and he's not going to cast someone who doesn't fit the part. Do so would just be asinine and ridiculous.
akv1984 wrote:America is a very diverse country, our media should show that.
America being has diverse as it is is what makes this country great, and I want even get started on the media.

Colored Americans. WTF?

O god some of the reactions i'm reading, I get it you guys are fooling around but tone it down will you. People who have noted on the lack of diversity among the cast have just as much validity with their points as do those who don't take issue with it. It's ridiculous that some feel the need to reduce a valid compliant to childish jabs.

I'm cool with this casting. I loved him in American Beauty and he was decent in The Four Feathers. So yeah, it'll be interesting to see what he brings to an already outstanding cast.

What I am sure of is that the limited cast of Interstellar is not going to tell anyone anything about the deep and complex issues of race relations, media portrayals, or Hollywood economics. And so anyone wanting to cry racism, or mock people that cry racism, or solve the issue of racism on an internet forum devoted to a director's work would probably better be served in the Philosophy forum: http://www.nolanfans.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=18

...Anyway, that Wes Bentley guy. Pretty good actor, huh?