Interstellar Script Discussion

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
the spielberg is strong within this script

prince0gotham wrote:the spielberg is strong within this script
Yeah. I noticed this as well.
Brave New World

RyanRises wrote:
prince0gotham wrote:the spielberg is strong within this script
Yeah. I noticed this as well.
I just wonder how much of that remains after Nolan's rewrite.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

I will not read the script, but thanks for some coments without spoilers. Happy to know that the female characters are a strong point.
It made me very excited.

thanks guys. :twothumbsup:
Truth is, sometimes I miss you so bad I can hardly stand it. - Jack Twist

So, who thinks this is going to be Nolan's best?

Red Hood wrote:So, who thinks this is going to be Nolan's best?
im only 30 pages in and i can't say much so far

it's hard to grasp it because there's a ton of classic hollywood moments in its set up which are so easy to visualize but anything else that Nolan and crew could probably do wonders with, creatively, all along with the tone and pace of the movie itself... all that is something that's so vague while reading a script... and this is the first script i'm reading before a movie so i have no idea what to think about most of it, gotta get on with it

i LOVE all the social/history background stuff though

You guys should try applying for producing the film. You know having read the script and all.
"When art imitates life"

dafox wrote:You guys should try applying for producing the film. You know having read the script and all.
WAYNE: (to Fox) I see you haven’t lost your sense of humor.
Long time no see, Fox.

Only read the first act. It's gold. Really good stuff.
First act reminded me of the original Star Wars. Probably because of the farmboy learning he's destined for bigger things. Robots with attitude. Not a fair comparison, but still, it occured to me. Father-son relationship is handled really well. Reminds me more of Spielberg than Nolan.

Oh and the guy who said that this is Oblivion with more people or something, don't even talk about that *** of a film in relation to this. I know you didn't mean it that way, but seriously, wtf dude.
To anyone who says that this is not up there with Memento or Inception... I think this is gonna be a classic. Maybe because of the fact that it's different from Memento and Inception. I feel it...
might be a bit more relatable for general audiences. When people talk about Nolan's films not being emotional, I think they mean the lack of certain moments like there are plenty to be found in this script. The father-son relationship is much more fleshed-out than in say Inception. There it's more of a plot device. Here Murph is an actual character. It's got a lot of heart. Again, it feels very... Spielberg. In a good way.

Celestin wrote:
dafox wrote:You guys should try applying for producing the film. You know having read the script and all.
WAYNE: (to Fox) I see you haven’t lost your sense of humor.
Long time no see, Fox.

Only read the first act. It's gold. Really good stuff.
First act reminded me of the original Star Wars. Probably because of the farmboy learning he's destined for bigger things. Robots with attitude. Not a fair comparison, but still, it occured to me. Father-son relationship is handled really well. Reminds me more of Spielberg than Nolan.

Oh and the guy who said that this is Oblivion with more people or something, don't even talk about that *** of a film in relation to this. I know you didn't mean it that way, but seriously, wtf dude.
To anyone who says that this is not up there with Memento or Inception... I think this is gonna be a classic. Maybe because of the fact that it's different from Memento and Inception. I feel it...
might be a bit more relatable for general audiences. When people talk about Nolan's films not being emotional, I think they mean the lack of certain moments like there are plenty to be found in this script. The father-son relationship is much more fleshed-out than in say Inception. There it's more of a plot device. Here Murph is an actual character. It's got a lot of heart. Again, it feels very... Spielberg. In a good way.
Where have you been man?

Just finished the script. I loved it. I thought Matthew's role is the best part. The supporting cast is good but not flashy or anything (which is not really a bad thing).
I friggin' adore Tars. Anyone else think Nolan can make Case look human so he could get an actor for it? Kinda like David in Prometheus.