Interstellar Script Discussion

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
If McConaughey has no scenes with Chastain, then that will make the story very emotional. It's very interesting in the trailer that it looks like McConaughey's hand in the scene where the rocket takes off - so it's perplexing what that rocket launching scene really is? Is it possible that could be the last scene of the movie?

If there are no scenes with McConaughey and Chastain, does that mean Nolan will be cutting away from the space/ice planet scenes to go back to earth with the older Murph and the burning cornfields? I'm just not sure how that will make the movie flow - if that's the case, could you provide any other movies that do this, and it does not ruin the flow of the movie...

Can someone please send me the script? I've tried not to read it all this time, but I can't resist anymore. :oops: :cry:

EDIT: Never mind. Found it. :thumbup:

I still think Matt Damon...
is the old man (ending), the black dude is Doyle and Wes Bentley (assuming he's the guy with the Beret/Hat on the ship) is Roth, one can imagine Roth to be the kind of guy who wears a Beret in the middle of a space mission...

OVERMAN wrote:I still think Matt Damon...
is the old man (ending), the black dude is Doyle and Wes Bentley (assuming he's the guy with the Beret/Hat on the ship) is Roth, one can imagine Roth to be the kind of guy who wears a Beret in the middle of a space mission...
According to IMDB update INTERSTELLAR page, Doyle is Wes Bentley and David Gyasi is Case. Not sure if they'll end up just merging Roth with Doyle's character to make the crew shorter since the spaceship looks pretty small as it was also written in the script. Matt Damon's character really is quite the mystery. Maybe he'll be like you said old-man grandson of Tom or Murph's children but we'll have to wait and see. November couldn't come any closer. Do post any more if you have any more questions about the film and we can speculate more and try to answer them together. :D

padrepio180 wrote:
According to IMDB update INTERSTELLAR page, Doyle is Wes Bentley and David Gyasi is Case. Not sure if they'll end up just merging Roth with Doyle's character to make the crew shorter since the spaceship looks pretty small as it was also written in the script. Matt Damon's character really is quite the mystery. Maybe he'll be like you said old-man grandson of Tom or Murph's children but we'll have to wait and see. November couldn't come any closer. Do post any more if you have any more questions about the film and we can speculate more and try to answer them together. :D
Well Matt Damon is famous for his Matthew McConaughey impersonations on David Letterman, so maybe he was chosen to play Cooper's great-great-great grandson (shirtless of course) to display how Cooper's exceptionally strong genetic heritage survived over the ages: alright! alright! alright!

Aili wrote:Well Matt Damon is famous for his Matthew McConaughey impersonations on David Letterman, so maybe he was chosen to play Cooper's great-great-great grandson (shirtless of course) to display how Cooper's exceptionally strong genetic heritage survived over the ages: alright! alright! alright!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

padrepio180 wrote:
I wonder why Gyasi goes into the tank in trailer 2 if he is playing a robot? Am I missing something here?

cclem wrote:
padrepio180 wrote:
I wonder why Gyasi goes into the tank in trailer 2 if he is playing a robot? Am I missing something here?
I don't think he is playing a robot. He is an astronaut. It's probably wrong.

Panapaok wrote: I don't think he is playing a robot. He is an astronaut. It's probably wrong.
Right on - that's what I figured, being IMDb is more wrong than right these days. :blank:

I re-read the script again yesterday front to back. I really hope that Doyle and Roth aren't merged.

My guess is the bots will be pretty standard. Similar to Prometheus. However, the fractal organisms and bulk beings should be a totally fresh and more science-based approach to alien life than we've seen in other recent sci-fi films.

cclem wrote:
Panapaok wrote: I don't think he is playing a robot. He is an astronaut. It's probably wrong.
Right on - that's what I figured, being IMDb is more wrong than right these days. :blank:

I re-read the script again yesterday front to back. I really hope that Doyle and Roth aren't merged.

My guess is the bots will be pretty standard. Similar to Prometheus. However, the fractal organisms and bulk beings should be a totally fresh and more science-based approach to alien life than we've seen in other recent sci-fi films.
I think that Wes Bentley is Doyle, David Gyasi is Roth and Bill Irwin is Tars and only Case was removed.