Interstellar Script Discussion

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
thegreypilgrim wrote:Not buying that list at all. Someone is just changing IMDb to fit their (wrong) speculations.
IMDB is the official site for all filmmakers major or indie too to post every and all information regarding each film that is being made in Hollywood. Not only is this true but actors and actresses even use IMDB to help get noticed and recognized for all the work they've done in the past to get placements in future and present film/TV. Your underestimating IDMB and I'm also a short filmmaker who has put all of my films up here on IMDB and and all the indie festivals around the country that I've been to promoting my films, filmmakers pro and amateur have all said basically the same thing as to why they all use IMDB for promotion and information regarding for all their films. Not only do I know this is true but my friend Julian Curi who is a professional actor was casted by a film scout on IDMB in regards to being in J.J. Abrams Super 8. Julian met J.J. Abrams and he told him all the major studios and directors use IMDB for the same reason and purpose and that it's one of the best ways for up and coming actors and directors to get noticed . Oh and I'm not lying LOL! Abrams was nice enough to cast Julian as a soldier and he's in the actual trailer for the film. But you still can believe whatever you want and different opinions are great since if they were all the same, the world would be rather boring. :D

padrepio180 wrote:
thegreypilgrim wrote:Not buying that list at all. Someone is just changing IMDb to fit their (wrong) speculations.
IMDB is the official site for all filmmakers major or indie too to post every and all information regarding each film that is being made in Hollywood. Not only is this true but actors and actresses even use IMDB to help get noticed and recognized for all the work they've done in the past to get placements in future and present film/TV. Your underestimating IDMB and I'm also a short filmmaker who has put all of my films up here on IMDB and and all the indie festivals around the country that I've been to promoting my films, filmmakers pro and amateur have all said basically the same thing as to why they all use IMDB for promotion and information regarding for all their films. Not only do I know this is true but my friend Julian Curi who is a professional actor was casted by a film scout on IDMB in regards to being in J.J. Abrams Super 8. Julian met J.J. Abrams and he told him all the major studios and directors use IMDB for the same reason and purpose and that it's one of the best ways for up and coming actors and directors to get noticed . Oh and I'm not lying LOL! Abrams was nice enough to cast Julian as a soldier and he's in the actual trailer for the film. But you still can believe whatever you want and different opinions are great since if they were all the same, the world would be rather boring. :D
Sorry for not reading every post before this, but IMDB is full of BS information. Just saying

padrepio180 wrote:
But don't forget that every member of IMDb who is not a filmmaker, like me for example, can contribute information of any kind. IMDb is usually trustworthy but many times it's just about speculation.

Panapaok wrote:
padrepio180 wrote:
But don't forget that every member of IMDb who is not a filmmaker, like me for example, can contribute information of any kind. IMDb is usually trustworthy but many times it's just about speculation.
Understandable. What are your thoughts on the list? The top list with Jessica Chastain as Murph and Casey Afflect as Tom seem legit. When we get down to Case, Doyle and Roth who isn't listed not too sure. I think it's safe to say TARS is Bill Irwin since he's a child's show comedy actor. Donald for John Lithgow was kinda a give away since he's in the trailer holding Cooper's kids at the house while Cooper is leaving them. I do also believe Ellen Burstyn and William Devane possibly could be old age Murph and Tom. Everything is up in the air really since we honestly can't make the best accurate decisions since we haven't read the new script and also don't know how much changes he's made to it. Maybe someone will leek the new script online! LOL! . We can hope!! ..Only if November could come any sooner! :D

lol, there is only one way to react to that list I'm afraid.

padrepio180 wrote:
Of course professionals use IMDb as a resource. That doesn't mean that it's not full of lies, especially for a big blockbuster where very few details have been officially released.

I have just finished the old script, and my God is it exciting. I'm just curious if any of you guys know if ...
...aliens will be cut from the movie. I saw a post, someone quoting "sources" that say aliens won't make the film. I don't mind if the transformers from the ice planet are cut, I honestly didn't see the point in them being introduced. I know it was just a draft, but I failed to see the point of that "divine plan". I understand the subplot, but it feels weak, or incomplete.

I had seen the second trailer before reading the script, and when I read lines in the script that were in the trailer, I flipped out :) I just hope the interdimensional beings that control the wormholes are featured in the movie at least as a reference to explain the origin of the portals (maybe to set up a sequel, depends on Nolan's plans).

I would be very dissapointed if the movie ended like the script did. I feel like the script builds up tension and momentum and gives huge scope, but the end falls short and negates it. Either make it a very human story, with lots of dalogue and no aliens, or keep it original and at least try to explain some science stuff at the end, address it in some way that the audience can talk about it on the way home from the cinema.

spidahcult wrote:I have just finished the old script, and my God is it exciting. I'm just curious if any of you guys know if ...
...aliens will be cut from the movie. I saw a post, someone quoting "sources" that say aliens won't make the film. I don't mind if the transformers from the ice planet are cut, I honestly didn't see the point in them being introduced. I know it was just a draft, but I failed to see the point of that "divine plan". I understand the subplot, but it feels weak, or incomplete.

I had seen the second trailer before reading the script, and when I read lines in the script that were in the trailer, I flipped out :) I just hope the interdimensional beings that control the wormholes are featured in the movie at least as a reference to explain the origin of the portals (maybe to set up a sequel, depends on Nolan's plans).

I would be very dissapointed if the movie ended like the script did. I feel like the script builds up tension and momentum and gives huge scope, but the end falls short and negates it. Either make it a very human story, with lots of dalogue and no aliens, or keep it original and at least try to explain some science stuff at the end, address it in some way that the audience can talk about it on the way home from the cinema.
It's fascinating as to where Nolan will go with the script. It's safe to say he's more focusing on making it a "more human story" focusing on Cooper and his children. Jessica Chastain was a give away in the trailer wearing Cooper's jacket, she's definitely playing Murph. I also agree with Casey Afflect playing Tom since he's shown in the trailer very distraught while the corn fields are burning around him too just like when we saw in Jessica Chastain doing the same thing in the cornfield scene as well. Why are they sad? I think we can say that they're most likely sad in both scenes because their father Cooper is still in Space and might never be returning hence them already having to grow up without him so it would seem to make it ever the more sad for them present. As for Ellen Burstyn and Tom Devane playing Older Murph and Tom, I do agree but I'm still not 100% sold just because like everyone said on here that it's skeptical to 100% believe it which makes sense IF someone is just putting random guesses for casting. However I would think Nolan's production film team that's in charge of all promo and movie news would most likely take down what is NOT accurate so that people and fans wouldn't be getting the wrong information regarding the actual casting of the film. So the odds might be in our favor if this is true because we than can speculate further knowing how the end "might" happen with Old age Murph and Tom on a new Earth.. or on a saved Earth?! LOL! . As for Doyle, Case and Roth..I don't know. I wouldn't believe the casting of them until either the film is released or when the official casting is released as well because really they could be anyone from the cast list. We can guess the children from factors with the trailer already being released hence almost giving us what Nolan's original idea might be? focusing on the effect made when Cooper travels through the wormhole with him barely aging while his children are aging much faster on Earth hence making the story much more emotional on a human level as to than it just being pure science-fiction. That's all I can guess my friends. As for the script..I don't know. I have a theory or two but still not sure where Nolan will take it. He might be very closely following the script but still be making his own changes for the better of the film. I think most definitely the ending will be changed in some kind of way. I was thinking everything happens up until Doyle tries to through the second wormhole which kills him and then possibly TARS finding a way for Cooper to go through unharmed which than would reunite him with his family on Earth..Like I said that's my guess but really we honestly won't know until the film is released.

At least the script did leak which is really cool being able to read the script beforehand because after reading it many people who do, will ever the more be hyped and interested in seeing the film, to than even passing on "good news" to other people who are hyped about the film too. It's like getting a gift from Hollywood. I've only read like three scripts that leaked beforehand and I loved it since it made me actually want to see the film more since I than knew it was worth it since the script was good. It's the same thing here. We're lucky!! Many people also don't like reading leaked scripts because they don't want the movie to be spoiled for them. However in our case, us being Nolan "nerds" we actually get the gift from Hollywood itself and LOVE it!! :D

padrepio180 wrote:
spidahcult wrote:I have just finished the old script, and my God is it exciting. I'm just curious if any of you guys know if ...

It's fascinating as to where Nolan will go with the script. It's safe to say he's more focusing on making it a "more human story" focusing on Cooper and his children. Jessica Chastain was a give away in the trailer wearing Cooper's jacket, she's definitely playing Murph. I also agree with Casey Afflect playing Tom since he's shown in the trailer very distraught while the corn fields are burning around him too just like when we saw in Jessica Chastain doing the same thing in the cornfield scene as well. Why are they sad? I think we can say that they're most likely sad in both scenes because their father Cooper is still in Space and might never be returning hence them already having to grow up without him so it would seem to make it ever the more sad for them present. As for Ellen Burstyn and Tom Devane playing Older Murph and Tom, I do agree but I'm still not 100% sold just because like everyone said on here that it's skeptical to 100% believe it which makes sense IF someone is just putting random guesses for casting. However I would think Nolan's production film team that's in charge of all promo and movie news would most likely take down what is NOT accurate so that people and fans wouldn't be getting the wrong information regarding the actual casting of the film. So the odds might be in our favor if this is true because we than can speculate further knowing how the end "might" happen with Old age Murph and Tom on a new Earth.. or on a saved Earth?! LOL! . As for Doyle, Case and Roth..I don't know. I wouldn't believe the casting of them until either the film is released or when the official casting is released as well because really they could be anyone from the cast list. We can guess the children from factors with the trailer already being released hence almost giving us what Nolan's original idea might be? focusing on the effect made when Cooper travels through the wormhole with him barely aging while his children are aging much faster on Earth hence making the story much more emotional on a human level as to than it just being pure science-fiction. That's all I can guess my friends. As for the script..I don't know. I have a theory or two but still not sure where Nolan will take it. He might be very closely following the script but still be making his own changes for the better of the film. I think most definitely the ending will be changed in some kind of way. I was thinking everything happens up until Doyle tries to through the second wormhole which kills him and then possibly TARS finding a way for Cooper to go through unharmed which than would reunite him with his family on Earth..Like I said that's my guess but really we honestly won't know until the film is released.

At least the script did leak which is really cool being able to read the script beforehand because after reading it many people who do, will ever the more be hyped and interested in seeing the film, to than even passing on "good news" to other people who are hyped about the film too. It's like getting a gift from Hollywood. I've only read like three scripts that leaked beforehand and I loved it since it made me actually want to see the film more since I than knew it was worth it since the script was good. It's the same thing here. We're lucky!! Many people also don't like reading leaked scripts because they don't want the movie to be spoiled for them. However in our case, us being Nolan "nerds" we actually get the gift from Hollywood itself and LOVE it!! :D
Like I said that's all I know. I'm just going to wait to see whatever else is released regarding promo..possibly another trailer?
but really the film is basically three months away come July..since the movie is coming out first week of November..If I find out new information I'll post it but your guess is good as mine..I believe this film will be our 2001: A Space Odyssey for our new generation. I've been waiting to see such a film. Will it somehow equal it? Possibly? Don't know..I mean it's Kubrick..The greatest director whose ever lived..However, Christopher Nolan has already established himself up their with the greats and he's so young! That's a HUGE accomplishment. He's brilliant and will be remembered for long after I'm gone. I also think INTERSTELLAR will win best picture come next March and hopefully finally be the first science-fiction film to win the most prestigious and coveted award. We can hope! I've pretty much watched all the great science-fiction space classics so I'm at least prepared to take in something this BIG!! LOL Anyways I'll be checking in on the forum if I find out any "new" news regarding the film! :thumbup:

OK - there is a goofy script discussion (trying to make Interstellar sound whack) on cracked.com. Read at your peril, spoiler-wise and Christopher Nolan-fan-wise: "Christopher Nolan's Next Film Will Be Goddamn Crazy".

http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/4-si ... amn-crazy/