Interstellar Script Discussion

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
I'm just curious... how long is the original script?

MiracleSleeper2 wrote:I'm just curious... how long is the original script?
About 150 pages.

Panapaok wrote:
About 150 pages.
Awesome. Is the updated script expected to be longer? I love 'em long.
no homo

MiracleSleeper2 wrote:
Panapaok wrote:
About 150 pages.
Awesome. Is the updated script expected to be longer? I love 'em long.
no homo
I guess you have to ask Nolan himself that question. :P But I guess that the revised script is about 150-165 pages. ;)

So for my fellow script-readers, after seeing trailer #3, do you still think
that there are aliens involved? Either the fractal lifeforms or the gravity beings or both? It seems to me that aspect of the story was completely taken out. I hope I'm wrong though, although I do realize that showing any hint of aliens is probably not smart right now. Save it for the big screen!

JonnyM93 wrote:So for my fellow script-readers, after seeing trailer #3, do you still think
that there are aliens involved? Either the fractal lifeforms or the gravity beings or both? It seems to me that aspect of the story was completely taken out. I hope I'm wrong though, although I do realize that showing any hint of aliens is probably not smart right now. Save it for the big screen!
Or the Chinese robots and base, it looks like they are going the android way

willyjoel wrote:
JonnyM93 wrote:So for my fellow script-readers, after seeing trailer #3, do you still think
Or the Chinese robots and base, it looks like they are going the android way
I do not know why but I think
Nolan will maintain the fractal lifeforms.

My thoughts regarding the script translation after seeing the trailer...
is Wes Bentley actually playing Doyle like stupid IMDB says, because I could fucking swear he's Roth after listening him talk in that trailer, I can already picture him having the most spectacular death in the history of cinema. Also what some people thought was the metallic box containing TARS apparently is TARS, the giant box actually walks, swims and all, apparently robots won't have humanoid features in the movie
oh, and it's just great to see how Nolan achieved some of the visual magnificence regarding all the space phenomena described on paper.

I think they'll still be there, especially because other than that Chris seems to be following the plot in the draft rather closely. Probably going to be the big surprise once people see it in theaters, a la the ending of Contact (moreso the book than the movie).

OVERMAN wrote:My thoughts regarding the script translation after seeing the trailer...
is Wes Bentley actually playing Doyle like stupid IMDB says, because I could fucking swear he's Roth after listening him talk in that trailer, I can already picture him having the most spectacular death in the history of cinema. Also what some people thought was the metallic box containing TARS apparently is TARS, the giant box actually walks, swims and all, apparently robots won't have humanoid features in the movie
oh, and it's just great to see how Nolan achieved some of the visual magnificence regarding all the space phenomena described on paper.
Yea I'm going to miss the original TARS, although he may still crack jokes, who knows? As for Wes playing Doyle, I think he is because David Gyasi seems to be playing Brands love interest,(a script change) and you can see her crying with someone in the trailer. It might when he decides to sacrifice himself? Maybe Doyle starts out fine but then he turns in the end?