Interstellar Script Discussion

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Can somebody put up a photo of Timothee and Casey Affleck? I'm clueless how to do it. Thanks!

Image Image

Thanks!!
SAME EYES!

I'm not sure why J Chastain is third billing on imdb. As we know...
She remains on earth while her father goes on the mission. What role will she play in the film except for watching earth struggle? I don't think she's going to be in it that much. I mean 75% of the script takes place out in space. I think she's got a smaller role than we've been led to believe.

davids wrote:I'm not sure why J Chastain is third billing on imdb. As we know...
She remains on earth while her father goes on the mission. What role will she play in the film except for watching earth struggle? I don't think she's going to be in it that much. I mean 75% of the script takes place out in space. I think she's got a smaller role than we've been led to believe.
I read the script draft 2008..do you have the new script? because in the old script
her father doesn't go to space with the team?
If you do have the new script would you mind sending it to me? :)

padrepio180 wrote:
davids wrote:I'm not sure why J Chastain is third billing on imdb. As we know...
I read the script draft 2008..do you have the new script? because in the old script
her father doesn't go to space with the team?
If you do have the new script would you mind sending it to me? :)
Basically no one outside of Chris Nolan has the new script.

I remember a set photo of Topher and Jessica toguether. I'm pretty sure he plays a friend/husband/associate of her (more inclined towards husband, imo), while Affleck is the other Cooper kid. I wished Affleck played the space crew scumbag, tough.)

I don't have the new script, but I think Chastain's character won't be in it that much.

The reason being
Chastain plays the daughter. All she'll be doing is 'waiting' on her father to return. She won't be doing much in the film. I think it's a smaller role than we think.

davids wrote:I don't have the new script, but I think Chastain's character won't be in it that much.

The reason being
Chastain plays the daughter. All she'll be doing is 'waiting' on her father to return. She won't be doing much in the film. I think it's a smaller role than we think.
Somebody on the imdb who seemed to have actually seen a rough cut of the film (either that or he was a very believable hoaxer) said
that Jessica is co-lead. I think if Nolan re-wrote the script, maybe it was to have the stories of Cooper and Murphy running parallel on earth and in space as they both have to cope with the hardships they encounter. I bet too that McC and Jessica's performances will include a lot of similarities in gesture, attitude as Murph is her father's little shadow.

Panapaok wrote:
cclem wrote:
Panapaok wrote:I don't think so because in the trailer we see both Affleck and Chastain and not Topher Grace. I don't think that Nolan would have shown only the one of the two children.
I thought the same thing, except for the sequencing of events:
...they showed JC after McC departed from Earth, whereas Affleck was shown earlier in the sequencing of events, before he launches off. With that said, we know Nolan dislikes linearity :problem:
I don't think that it has to do with linearity. It's presented clearly in the trailer that Affleck and Chastain have to do with burning cornfields and having read the script it's clear to me that they are Cooper's children.
WOW interesting observation! That be so cool if the children are played by Jessica Chastain and Casey Afflect! It'd almost gives me The Tree of Life vibe as if when McC comes back home and sees them how they aged so much while he's basically aged like a year or so...