Interstellar Script Discussion

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Teddy is the Admin of this forum

GoldenEyes wrote:Teddy is the Admin of this forum
But don't believe his lies...

:D

titansupes wrote:
GoldenEyes wrote:Teddy is the Admin of this forum
But don't believe his lies...

If you've read the script then you know that the tone Nolan is going for is going to complement this story quite nicely. :twothumbsup: Just thought I'd point that out.

Ok, I'm new here. Read the script about a year ago and was just wondering if the reason for the food shortage is climate change or is it still a bacteria/virus attacking the crops as I read in the script at the time? I see them burning fields in the trailer so I'm assuming that the bacteria/virus is still a possibility. It certainly doesn't look like there's over population or massive use of fossil fuels.
Wonder if there will be a reference to the schools teaching that man never went to the moon and that it was only a political ploy so as to hinder the children's fantasies about achieving anything technological.
;)

Ok so Teddy hasn't responded yet but does anyone else have the script and could send it to [email protected], would be very thankfull.

And judging by the trailer it looks as if this movie has the visuals of sunshine the music and mood of moon. And that's a good thing!

Go to scribd.com

rippleone wrote:Ok, I'm new here. Read the script about a year ago and was just wondering if the reason for the food shortage is climate change or is it still a bacteria/virus attacking the crops as I read in the script at the time? I see them burning fields in the trailer so I'm assuming that the bacteria/virus is still a possibility. It certainly doesn't look like there's over population or massive use of fossil fuels.
Wonder if there will be a reference to the schools teaching that man never went to the moon and that it was only a political ploy so as to hinder the children's fantasies about achieving anything technological.
;)
I read the script about a year ago too and don't remember exactly, but I remember there was dialogue
between Cooper and his father-in-law Donald and Donald was encouraging him to date the school teacher because Cooper needed to have more kids to perpetuate the species. Like the planet was under-populated or something which doesn't jive with the food shortage??

Aili wrote:
rippleone wrote:Ok, I'm new here. Read the script about a year ago and was just wondering if the reason for the food shortage is climate change or is it still a bacteria/virus attacking the crops as I read in the script at the time? I see them burning fields in the trailer so I'm assuming that the bacteria/virus is still a possibility. It certainly doesn't look like there's over population or massive use of fossil fuels.
;)
I read the script about a year ago too and don't remember exactly, but I remember there was dialogue
between Cooper and his father-in-law Donald and Donald was encouraging him to date the school teacher because Cooper needed to have more kids to perpetuate the species. Like the planet was under-populated or something which doesn't jive with the food shortage??
Reference to the food shortage is during the WAR which destroyed most of the humanity. Right now they have enough food for people on Earth but Brand shows Cooper about these new disease and that they will eventually destroy whole of Corn that's why they have too look at somewhere else to live.