Interstellar Script Discussion

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
So I'm 64 pages in and I'm not impressed.

I don't get all the comparisons to 2001, Blade Runner, Sunshine or even Prometheus. I think that may be a case of people seeing things they want to see vs. what is really true.

It reads like a second rate sci-fi thriller. Something like Event Horizon or a straight to DVD movie you get at Redbox when nothing else is available.

I hope that Nolan's rewrites to the 2008 script are significant or maybe I just can't see it.

Thoughts from those that have read?

-CC

Hi guys,

Long time forum reader, and huge Nolan fan, but just joined in anticipation of Interstellar. Not sure how I'll wait a year.

Top 3 Nolan films (in order) are:
1. Memento (Also because Guy Pearce is probably my favourite actor)
2. TDK
3. The Prestige

Looking forward to joining in the chat!

Hi all,

2nd post, but long time reader / fan - and, this isn't the easiest way to ingratiate myself to the forum, but like every other newbie on the forum, would love to be sent a copy of the script.

So, maybe one of the other newbies who have benefited from the kindness of the more seasoned members could send it to me? It is Christmas after all... (although a very hot one here in Australia).

Sammy.

Please Someone PM me the Script lol :D :D :D

Read yesterday, but the story is still so vivid in my mind. What a great script J. Nolan wrote! As said earlier, with C. Nolan rewrites, Interstellar will be one of the the best sci-fi of our time.

If anyone has a copy of the script they could send me or even a good synopsis would be amazing!

Thank you!

For those who want the original script, PM me your e-mail.

What versions of the script have people read? The one I read was dated 3/12/2008. Wondering if there's anything more current.

CornCobb wrote:What versions of the script have people read? The one I read was dated 3/12/2008. Wondering if there's anything more current.
Only this one has leaked.
It will be good to know somethings but not all the things on the release day !
Tars = S2