Hoyte van Hoytema as Director of Photography

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Here's an interesting quote from Hoytema in this 2012 interview: http://www.theasc.com/asc_blog/goldman/ ... cely-done/
“I think it is always easier to be creative if you have had a little bit of distance to (the subject matter) somehow,” he suggests. “I think time gives things perspective, and so, you can be a little bit more analytical about certain things. You have many references in art and documentary imagery that helps you see how the time is defined in a visual sense. It’s nice, as a cinematographer, to be able to re-invent yourself a little bit by (visualizing) aesthetics that people know very well. There is a little nostalgia there also, and I think nostalgia is a good provocateur for creating visuals.”

I haven't seen Let the Right One In, but Tinker Tailor and The Fighter looked really good.

Sounds like a cool pick! :twothumbsup:
Queen Bitch

Good pick :thumbup:
Why you lurking my page brah?

layla wrote:I haven't seen Let the Right One In, but Tinker Tailor and The Fighter looked really good.

Sounds like a cool pick! :twothumbsup:
I really loved the look of Let The Right One In. It's one of my personal favorites. Maybe I just have a thing for Swedon. :lol
Last edited by Peace on April 23rd, 2013, 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Say Girl

Let The Right One In is enough of a reason to be super excited for this (yet another) unexpected choice! :clap: :goNF:

Great pick Nolan.

btw, did anyone mention his name in the Cinematographer thread?

Yep, I was not expecting this.

It's a very great choice though. He's very talented for a lesser-known cinematography, and three films have proved that to me. It really does seem like to me that Nolan wants to bring up a new talent, but still whats his vision in there.

i miss Wally already...

Very cool pick. I'm excited to see what Hoytema brings to the table.

This guy's got a great aesthetic eye, what a fabulous choice from Nolan. :clap: