Matthew McConaughey as Cooper

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
What I will write now may seem a bit condescending, but I really think You are out of the loop when it comes to what A-lister means.

-Vader

omg the picture people keep using on tumblr in the interstellar tag is the pic with matt in that cowboy outfit :lol:

Vader182 wrote:What I will write now may seem a bit condescending, but I really think You are out of the loop when it comes to what A-lister means.
He is one of the most recognised faces and names in Hollywood (even if his films aren't the box office breaking hits). And he had nothing but well recieved performances on his resume in the last couple of years, trying hard to ditch the image he acquired at the beggining of his career. With his status now, he falls into the overall description of an A-lister. He is definitely is no no-name. Nobody reacted to the rumours of his casting with the question: "McConaughey who?".

Besides, how You want to define his current popularity and standing in Hollywood is beside the point I was making.

Who cares if he's an A-lister (that's the studios problem), we should only look at his acting chops and experience, and I think its safe to say he has both in droves.

Let's hope there isn't any scheduling conflicts, happens all the time.
@sammyjankis88

Vader182 wrote:I'm (compulsively) going to check out all his recent endeavors anyway.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:What I will write now may seem a bit condescending, but I really think You are out of the loop when it comes to what A-lister means.

-Vader
from Hollywood journalist who had inside information from agents-
Jeff Sneider ‏@TheInSneider 17h
Based on criteria (told it was an A-list CAA client b/t 35 & 45 who I'd be VERY surprised about), I guessed Matty McC
https://twitter.com/TheInSneider
What I will write now may seem a bit condescending, but I really think some of You are out of the loop when it comes to McConaughey's current position in Hollywood.
Word. This just proves many people on this site continue to ignore good independent cinema. Obviously a good amount of us don't though. Glad Nolan doesn't. :thumbup:
Last edited by Allstar on March 29th, 2013, 10:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

Wow! I must say I was taken aback when I first heard of this. But yeah, he was fantastic in The Lincoln Lawyer and Killer Joe and so I hope he accepts the lead role.

Gotta say, from the films I've seen him in, I can't stand him. The only exception is Tropic Thunder, and he's barely in it.

He can be a good actor maybe but I have yet to see proof of that.
Crazy Eight wrote:
Allstar wrote: Thoughts on Michael Fassbender?
no ur a assbender

McConaughey's been doing well recently. I can't say i'm a fan since i'm not that familiar with his work but i don't hate him or anything. I remain optimistic.

let's hope he has this look