NF's Interstellar Fan-Fiction Contest

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
RyanRises wrote:
BlairCo wrote: I have written about 40 pages for an idea I had. I've never completed one, but I have done a fair bit of writing.
What was the idea? :ugeek:
The first one was a physiological, realistic, noir portrayal of an amateur superhero (Think Kick-Ass mixed with Nolan's Batman). The second is a personal one, which I've only talked to a few people about, but one person on this site knows about it.

BlairCo wrote:
RyanRises wrote: What was the idea? :ugeek:
The first one was a physiological, realistic, noir portrayal of an amateur superhero (Think Kick-Ass mixed with Nolan's Batman). The second is a personal one, which I've only talked to a few people about, but one person on this site knows about it.
I assume you are very talented then.
Brave New World

RyanRises wrote:
BlairCo wrote: The first one was a physiological, realistic, noir portrayal of an amateur superhero (Think Kick-Ass mixed with Nolan's Batman). The second is a personal one, which I've only talked to a few people about, but one person on this site knows about it.
I assume you are very talented then.
Don't assume. I'm merely amateur. I just like thinking of ideas for stories, it's the writing I usually stall on.

I've written and directed a short film myself. Although I had conceptualized it well enough, its execution turned out to be highly amateurish. Nevertheless, making one meant that I had to write it which is probably the only experience I have in movie writing (although I didn't have to adhere to the script format by the time since a script was not a requirement for the contest for which I made the film). And yeah, it was heavily inspired and influenced by Nolan's movies (I even used music from Inception in high doses; that's how highly amateur it was) !!!

Speaking of assumptions, I'm assuming that we have to simply do our best to adhere to the script writing rules and that the story idea and script will take precedence over sticking to a prescribed format. I mean, if someone has a good idea and script but minor flaws here and there in the script format, that person's entry still stands a chance at winning and won't get disqualified (not that I stand any chance of winning if I do write but this contest is really getting on to me now) !!!

KrazzyDJ wrote:I've written and directed a short film myself. Although I had conceptualized it well enough, its execution turned out to be highly amateurish. Nevertheless, making one meant that I had to write it which is probably the only experience I have in movie writing (although I didn't have to adhere to the script format by the time since a script was not a requirement for the contest for which I made the film). And yeah, it was heavily inspired and influenced by Nolan's movies (I even used music from Inception in high doses; that's how highly amateur it was) !!!

Speaking of assumptions, I'm assuming that we have to simply do our best to adhere to the script writing rules and that the story idea and script will take precedence over sticking to a prescribed format. I mean, if someone has a good idea and script but minor flaws here and there in the script format, that person's entry still stands a chance at winning and won't get disqualified (not that I stand any chance of winning if I do write but this contest is really getting on to me now) !!!
Judges will decide that kind of things

I'd be keen on participating but the time frame is rather short (I'm sure there are perfectly valid reasons so no real complaint here).

If all my other commitments permit me to dedicate some time to this, it would be great fun. Thanks for running this competition!

corderouge wrote:I'd be keen on participating but the time frame is rather short (I'm sure there are perfectly valid reasons so no real complaint here).

If all my other commitments permit me to dedicate some time to this, it would be great fun. Thanks for running this competition!
Everyone is saying that there is not enough time and Interstellar is not coming this year, so we got time...

Which date should the deadline be?

I know it may be a bit of a stretch, but maybe May? People are assuming casting process will begin in April. Plus, it'll give us more time to research the science and all that.

BlairCo wrote:I know it may be a bit of a stretch, but maybe May? People are assuming casting process will begin in April. Plus, it'll give us more time to research the science and all that.
fuk dat

#yolo
Sigs???

I might be in, but it's not a promise. From next week I'll take a bunch of exams for 3 week at least so I don't know.

My question: I must use all the synopsis "epice in space+time travel+wormholes+whatever Thorne had in mind" or can I take an idea or just a part from all of those? The best I can do with Thorne is wiki :lol: , as I said don't have much time and reading books or essays will occupy too much time. And it'll be stupid to write a script which doesn't meet the criteria in term of story or setting or tone or... you name it.