Interstellar Themes/Morals Speculation

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Like any Nolan film, this is going to be a mind-fest of thought. What themes do you think it will tackle? What will the moral of the film be, if you had to guess of course.

Themes: Exposition
Moral: There's no such thing as too much exposition

But in all seriousness who knows. If I had to guess though I'd have to say sacrifice vs. reward (which is pretty general), doubt. I also wonder how they will deal with the idea of 'consequences:' I feel like all time travel movies, since you can go back and "fix things," have to deal with the problem of making consequences weighty and real. Otherwise there isn't anything to drive the movie. Unless Interstellar deals with when consequences mean nothing.... that would be interesting.

Regrets / Trying to undo the past

Death of a spouse.
Do you... like pineapple?

EnzoTheBaker wrote:Regrets / Trying to undo the past
This, but I was also thinking of excessive nostalgia. Maybe not trying to undo a past mistake but just simply indulging in the past joys too much and not focusing on the present.
jibran wrote:Death of a spouse.
Nolan movie = No brainer.

I'm hoping for something different from the ones explored in the previous films. There's a clear core theme in each Nolan film (dreams, illusion, memory, fear, chaos, pain, etc.), so I wonder what it would be for Interstellar.

Time? Imagination? Discovery?
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Cilogy wrote:I'm hoping for something different from the ones explored in the previous films.
Yeah. Maybe he could try for something completely unexpected but there's only so much you can do with a serious sounding, heroic space adventure.
Do you... like pineapple?

I reckon a theme of this might be ageing and our changes in the way we perceive ourselves as we get older.

toooo early for prediction fanboyz :lol: :P

Changing future is bad, m'kay?