Interstellar Release Date and Official Announcement

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
I've got to admit this is one crazy forum. Just one announcement of Christopher Nolan being "in talks" to direct Interstellar and we've come to see all sorts of threads on this forums discussion the plot, budget, cool fan art, trailers and what not. I guess the only thing left was this topic - the release date. To begin with, Nolan is still apparently "in talks". How likely is it that he'll actually direct Interstellar ??? I believe that given the fact that Jonathan is writing the script, there's a very good likelihood of Nolan officially directing. But when will this be officially confirmed ??? When is the press release going to happen ???

Another important thing is the release date - when would Nolan actually release the movie. I'm thinking it could be somewhere in Summer of 2014 but for that to happen, shooting has to begin at the very least by April - May this year so that it could be wrapped up by fall 2013. This would then see the usual promotional activities involving a teaser releasing in fall 2013, another trailer somewhere between March - April 2014 and then, as is the case with Nolan's recent flicks, another trailer just before the movie's release. I'm hoping the announcement is due soon but even for the movie to begin filming in April, a lot of work on concept art is pending. I'd still bet on a Summer 2014 release. Any thoughts ??? Or is this a completely irrelevant topic to be locked right away ???

I'm kinda scared about the release date. I just can't see when this might be released. All the dates seem to be taken.

Summer 2014: The Hobbit pt.3, Maleficent
Winter 2014: 1952 sci-fi from Brad Bird.
2015: Well, you know the films.

It might get locked (who knows where the mods are going to draw the line on a forum that's all speculation at this point), but as long as it's not, I think a December 2014 release would be a lot more realistic. I know Nolan's released in the summer for a while, but I can't see him being finished with all the effects work by then, and I think he'd want to avoid the competition (Star Wars will inevitably be released every summer from now until eternity). Plus, I want him to get the Oscar buzz. :thumbup:

EnzoTheBaker wrote:(who knows where the mods are going to draw the line on a forum that's all speculation at this point), :
My line was crossed the night the news broke. We've tried to keep it from getting out of hand, but everyone finds it cool to speculate (including me), and this is the best bet we have for Nolan's next film. So for now, it's all in good fun. Hopefully something official either way will come soon. But given the fact that no one has come out and denied the reports is a good sign imo.

Also, I'm betting December 2014 is the earliest we might see this. If true of course.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

Chris confirmed it to me on a phone call last night. It's all good folks.

DoubleD wrote:
EnzoTheBaker wrote:(who knows where the mods are going to draw the line on a forum that's all speculation at this point), :
My line was crossed the night the news broke. We've tried to keep it from getting out of hand, but everyone finds it cool to speculate (including me), and this is the best bet we have for Nolan's next film. So for now, it's all in good fun. Hopefully something official either way will come soon. But given the fact that no one has come out and denied the reports is a good sign imo.

Also, I'm betting December 2014 is the earliest we might see this. If true of course.
Don't you think that 2 sci-fi movies released in December might be a bad idea? I'm talking about 1952.

Jonas Agersø wrote:Chris confirmed it to me on a phone call last night. It's all good folks.
;)

Jonas Agersø wrote:Chris confirmed it to me on a phone call last night. It's all good folks.
We finally have something official here folks! 8-)

I hope to see a Nolan movie released during the winter holidays . Summer usually im on holidays away , and Nolan movies always open the month im away....i always need to adjust to go see the movie :D

Winter 2014 would be ideal :twothumbsup:

Lionheart wrote:I hope to see a Nolan movie released during the winter holidays . Summer usually im on holidays away , and Nolan movies always open the month im away....i always need to adjust to go see the movie :D

Winter 2014 would be ideal :twothumbsup:
You should send Nolan your concerns. I'm sure he'll adapt it for your scheduling problems.
Brave New World