Interstellar General Information

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Interstellar is being shown on television right now - FX HD channel, and will be shown again tomorrow at 5pm PST same channel, and also throughout the week. This is to my knowledge, the first time Interstellar has been shown on network TV.

Interesting to see how the TV broadcast has the whole frame filled in, regardless of IMAX, 35 mm, and the Dust Bowl interview parts - the entire screen is filled in for the TV broadcast. Also, the video and sound seem to be compressed - lots of blotchy noise in the dark areas like the space shots, etc.

The version airing on FX is TV-MA for some reason.

StarWarsIsAwesome123 wrote:The version airing on FX is TV-MA for some reason.
We have similar user names

-Vader

Forum Pro
Law
Youu fucking coward

Law wrote:
Youu fucking coward
Hi

Congratulations Kip Thorne for Nobel Prize!

I miss watching Interstellar on a movie theater :| :|

Lionheart wrote:I miss watching Interstellar on a movie theater :| :|
Around this time last year, they had "Space Week" at select IMAX theaters, showing various space movies, including Interstellar. Sadly they don't appear to be doing it this year :(

Lionheart wrote:I miss watching Interstellar on a movie theater :| :|
Inception and TDK for me. Even though I loved my premiere Interstellar experience.

First of all, upon rewatching this film for the first time since seeing Dunkirk (like 10 times to boot lol), I want to chime in here and say this is still Nolan's masterpiece to me. It's not my favorite of his films, but this is where execution matched ambition and drama matched epicness. Most casual moviegoers should be spellbound to believe that "That Batman director" went on to make this film.

Secondly, I don't know if I'm stupid or just blissfully non-alert, but this is the first time that I realized the drone in the beginning is drawn to their farm because of the same gravitational force as the tractors, dust, etc. I don't know why I've never connected that dot before. It always took place well before any of the other anomalies occurred and I just chalked that up to being a "random scene," though I've always loved it (especially the music).