Interstellar General Information

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
EnzoTheBaker wrote:
Robin wrote: True, but, even with all the trolls on IMDB I don't see how someone would send fake crew information. Only the most hardcore fans or people within the industry cares who's doing the costume design. A lot of these people also update their own profiles.

Oh, George Cottle is now credited as the stunt coordinator.

Time will tell I guess 8-)
In my mind, I always saw Lindy Hemming and Chris Corbould coming back to do costumes and stunts, but anything can happen I guess.
I think Lindy Hemming only did the costumes for TDK Trilogy not the other Nolan's films. Chris Courbould is SFX supervisor not stunt coordinator. I really hpe Courbold will be back though. He's the best in his department.

Hey guys, i don't know if you have noticed that Spielberg is one of the producers of the film according to IMDb.....
I know IMDb sometimes posts fake info, but still...

This is how excited I am for this.

theseeker9175 wrote:Hey guys, i don't know if you have noticed that Spielberg is one of the producers of the film according to IMDb.....
I know IMDb sometimes posts fake info, but still...
I saw that too.

I read this on IMDB and even if it's fake, it still sounds pretty interesting (I'm putting this in spoiler tags because apparently some of it was from a script treatment from 7 years ago):
The first is taken from the original treatment from around 7 years ago.
The second, from none of your business.

Spielberg's Version

Film opens with extraterrestrial contact and the endowment of a highly sophisticated technology to the human race, thus enabling an 'Interstellar' program. The main arc in the original story dealt with the struggles of humanity being given a technology before they were ready. When Nolan (Jonathan, not Christopher) came aboard as writer, he introduced another dramatic element; That of the consequences of the tremendous Interstellar journey. Upon their return, Einstein's theory proves to be painfully real....their families and everyone they knew (including those involved with the initial program) are dead and gone and the world is a very different place from the one in which they left.

Nolan's Version

The first quarter of this story takes place on Earth. Time travel is a functioning reality, used by various teams (think Inception with time travelers) carrying out missionary scientific endeavors. Having all but overthrown Einstein's theory, A wealthy industrialist (presumably Caine's character) shepherds a select group to join a rather lofty 'Interstellar' voyage in search for the Ultimate Answer, or "uTheory". In this version, there is no ship in the traditional sense. The journey is made with a powerfully modified version of the device used for time travel (see large Hadron Collider.) In short, the crew ends up in another realm, beyond human understanding.

Given the scientific grounding of this film, it's important to keep on mind that this is a very different kind of story for Chris. One in which is has merely taken the reigns, so I wouldn't expect plot devices and surprise turns characteristic of his usual work. It is, rather, what I would term 'Intelligent SciFi'
(A truth reflected by it's November release date.)

This seems like one of those movies where it will be very easy for people to make stuff up. I won't believe anything until I'm in the theater on November 7, 2014. In the meantime, people will make the Internet absolutely treacherous for the next year and a half.

BlairCo wrote:I read this on IMDB and even if it's fake, it still sounds pretty interesting (I'm putting this in spoiler tags because apparently some of it was from a script treatment from 7 years ago):

Spielberg's Version

Film opens with extraterrestrial contact and the endowment of a highly sophisticated technology to the human race, thus enabling an 'Interstellar' program. The main arc in the original story dealt with the struggles of humanity being given a technology before they were ready. When Nolan (Jonathan, not Christopher) came aboard as writer, he introduced another dramatic element; That of the consequences of the tremendous Interstellar journey. Upon their return, Einstein's theory proves to be painfully real....their families and everyone they knew (including those involved with the initial program) are dead and gone and the world is a very different place from the one in which they left.

Nolan's Version

The first quarter of this story takes place on Earth. Time travel is a functioning reality, used by various teams (think Inception with time travelers) carrying out missionary scientific endeavors. Having all but overthrown Einstein's theory, A wealthy industrialist (presumably Caine's character) shepherds a select group to join a rather lofty 'Interstellar' voyage in search for the Ultimate Answer, or "uTheory". In this version, there is no ship in the traditional sense. The journey is made with a powerfully modified version of the device used for time travel (see large Hadron Collider.) In short, the crew ends up in another realm, beyond human understanding.

Given the scientific grounding of this film, it's important to keep on mind that this is a very different kind of story for Chris. One in which is has merely taken the reigns, so I wouldn't expect plot devices and surprise turns characteristic of his usual work. It is, rather, what I would term 'Intelligent SciFi'
(A truth reflected by it's November release date.)
Sounds pretty darn fake to me. For one thing, this:
A wealthy industrialist (presumably Caine's character) shepherds a select group to join a rather lofty 'Interstellar' voyage in search for the Ultimate Answer, or "uTheory"
...is basically just the plot of
Prometheus
, is it not?

More pertinently, though, there's this:
Oh, well, then, if it's none of my business I guess I'll just HAVE to take you at your word!

That pretty much can't happen unfortunately. Unless it has as much dialogue as 2001 ;).

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
That pretty much can't happen unfortunately. Unless it has as much dialogue as 2001 ;).

-Vader
:crazy:

wtf audition tapes for Interstellar??
They're auditioning for a character named Tina.
Last edited by Robin on May 15th, 2013, 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
@sammyjankis88