Interstellar General Information

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Rom
Last edited by Rom on September 7th, 2017, 8:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

speakerzboomin wrote:
4N Legend wrote:So the best format to watch this in is 35MM and IMAX? The critics are confusing me on this lol
The format that both Nolan and critics agree on is seeing it on 70mm IMAX. If you don't have a screening of that sort near you, then regular 70mm would be your next best bet, then probably 35mm, and then digital IMAX. Personally, I'm not a fan of digital IMAX, mainly because it doesn't offer a massive improvement compared to my Ultrascreen in my local city. 70mm IMAX on the other hand is a whole different story, and I can't wait to see over an hour of the film filling up the entire IMAX screen!
So smaller screen size and aspect ratio of 35mm and 70mm presentations are better than bigger digital IMAX screen/aspect? :eh:
Vách ngăn phòng thờ
vách ngăn cnc trang trí đẹp

link vào m88
Last edited by ANONIMNIQ on November 26th, 2018, 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ANONIMNIQ wrote:
speakerzboomin wrote:
4N Legend wrote:So the best format to watch this in is 35MM and IMAX? The critics are confusing me on this lol
The format that both Nolan and critics agree on is seeing it on 70mm IMAX. If you don't have a screening of that sort near you, then regular 70mm would be your next best bet, then probably 35mm, and then digital IMAX. Personally, I'm not a fan of digital IMAX, mainly because it doesn't offer a massive improvement compared to my Ultrascreen in my local city. 70mm IMAX on the other hand is a whole different story, and I can't wait to see over an hour of the film filling up the entire IMAX screen!
So smaller screen size and aspect ratio of 35mm and 70mm presentations are better than bigger digital IMAX screen/aspect? :eh:
Get as small and as digital a presentation as possible.

-Vader

Interstellar - Movie Clip #3

speakerzboomin wrote:
I doubt very much that the average viewer is able to feel the difference between 70mm and Digital IMAX.

speakerzboomin wrote: Personally, I'm not a fan of digital IMAX, mainly because it doesn't offer a massive improvement compared to my Ultrascreen in my local city.
Digital IMAX in the case of Interstellar will still give you some of the IMAX experience where the IMAX sequences go taller than the rest of the film. You will not experience that in Ultrascreen or other premium large formats.

New Articles of Interstellar editors on CineMontage Magazine.
Behind the sound design of Interstellar - Richard King, Gary Rizzo, Gregg Landaker
What Does a Wormhole Sound Like?
http://digital.copcomm.com/i/407863/41
Download link for pdf of Interstellar section including award consideration ad:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7XfF6 ... sp=sharing
From Richard King:
"The new TCL Chinese Theatre's IMAX turned out to be the optimal theatre in LA. It conveyed the feeling of being in a sound soup that's powerful but not oppresively loud." :eh:
The low frequency is good but not the room acoustics maybe? :crazy:
Also: Nolan didn't want an Atmos mix on the film.

I would mind LIEMAX if the bastards advertised it that way and didnt charge full fuckin price. It is a nice compromise between the regular and full 70mm and it can be pretty good. Even though the movie was over all a lot of nonsense, the best parts of Prometheus is LIEMAX were quite good.

ComptonTerry wrote:I would mind LIEMAX if the bastards advertised it that way and didnt charge full fuckin price. It is a nice compromise between the regular and full 70mm and it can be pretty good. Even though the movie was over all a lot of nonsense, the best parts of Prometheus is LIEMAX were quite good.
Here in my country there is no 70mm Imax, fortunately the digital Imax ticket here is cheap, only $5 each

Lucky bastard lol. Doesn't mater because I AM seeing this is full IMAX and I don't have to drive to far either it's only 30 minutes away. Maybe less depending on traffic. But when I saw Prometheus I never knew of IMAX digital I thought it was the real thing until the movie was over and one of my friends said that he thought that was a rip because he had been to an IMAX theater that was more than twice as big. Then I did some research and found out the truth.