Interstellar General Information

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Just saw the film!!! Wow o not quite sure where Its stand but defínetly like it a lot, sad to say that reactions are míxed, but yeah Its hard to undestand which make need to see it again,

luxneji wrote:Just saw the film!!! Wow o not quite sure where Its stand but defínetly like it a lot, sad to say that reactions are míxed, but yeah Its hard to undestand which make need to see it again,
What do you rate it out of 10?

8.5 to 9 this is where i put memento and 2001, the same was for tdrk over more views it increase, i expect this film when i fully undestand the plot hopefullt my opinión of it will go a lot Higher, but is really the most ambisous and risky movie nolan has made, but is mastefully directed and the imax 70mm was perfect :).

I just got back from seeing it as well. Just holy cow it looked amazing.

It will take time before it sinks in but first impression is that it is definetly his most ambitious film with some fantastic performances. I do understand why the reviews are so mixed. For me personally, there is an element in the third act that a lot of people will raise there eyebrows over but I do think it will hold up over time.

Also I think Honest Trailers is going to have a lot to work with the "conflict" that has been talked about.

Overall however, I loved it. Amazing piece of filmmaking . 9.3/10*

*Subject to change.

Lukestarkiller90 wrote:I just got back from seeing it as well. Just holy cow it looked amazing.

It will take time before it sinks in but first impression is that it is definetly his most ambitious film with some fantastic performances. I do understand why the reviews are so mixed. For me personally, there is an element in the third act that a lot of people will raise there eyebrows over but I do think it will hold up over time.

Also I think Honest Trailers is going to have a lot to work with the "conflict" that has been talked about.

Overall however, I loved it. Amazing piece of filmmaking . 9.3/10*

*Subject to change.
which conflict are you referring to?

Wow, I don't even know where to begin. And no I won't spoil anything. What a movie, though. I've had several hours now to think about it and still haven't come close to processing this beast. The two-hour drive home was spent in almost complete silence, with the music still stuck in my head (more specifically, the music from the IMAX trailer). Then stepping in the shower when I got home, I stood there with a big stupid grin on my face forgetting to actually clean myself for several minutes trying to understand what I had seen. It's one of those things where I can completely understand some of the criticisms - certain leaps of faith are asked of the viewer - and yet still say fuck them at the same time. That was truly an experience, especially in 70mm IMAX (minus the douche next to me that audibly expressed his disappointment with every line of dialogue he didn't agree with and the guy next to him that had his phone out every five minutes, tempting me to go into murder mode). The picture was astounding as expected, and the sound equally so (feeling the seat rumbling during the more intense scenes was pretty powerful). I'm too tired to compose any thoughts about the plot itself because it's so much to take in, but I can't wait to see it again (unfortunately it'll be at my local crap theater). I wouldn't even know where to rank it right now, as it feels so different to Nolan's other films and on a completely different level. I need multiple viewings to truly grasp its beauty. As for those leaps of faith, I'll be damned if I didn't want to dive right in head first.

Here's a picture I took of the $90,000 Interstellar print (according to the announcer before the movie started, if I heard him right) and the $1 million projector. The guy also mentioned that he had the privilege of speaking with Nolan on the phone before the screening and that Chris wanted to welcome everyone there. Pretty awesome.

Reading that there were a sizeable number of screw ups with the film and audio being out of sync etc at select theatres

#filmgate

antovolk wrote:Reading that there were a sizeable number of screw ups with the film and audio being out of sync etc at select theatres

#filmgate
I heard that as well. The only real IMAX in Orange County, California (my hometown area) had messed up twice right off the bat, according to people on Twitter.

Mine was perfectly fine. Saw it in 70mm IMAX at the Mall of Georgia.

CoRohr wrote:
antovolk wrote:Reading that there were a sizeable number of screw ups with the film and audio being out of sync etc at select theatres

#filmgate
I heard that as well. The only real IMAX in Orange Couty, California (my hometown area) had messed up twice right off the bat, according to people on Twitter.
Our audio was synced fine, but I think the IMAX mix needs adjustment. Some crucial dialogue was somewhat difficult to hear in certain scenes. Contributed to some confusion of the plot to people I talked to after the screening