Interstellar General Information

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
chocoboba wrote:Interstellar trailer 3 played in front of November Man (probably the best movie I've seen this year; it will be tough to beat) and during the trailer a guy shouted, "Looks boring!"

I am really worried for this film. Looks like it's in trouble with the general audience.
:roll: Wow you are trying to hard man.

bootsy wrote:
chocoboba wrote:Interstellar trailer 3 played in front of November Man (probably the best movie I've seen this year; it will be tough to beat) and during the trailer a guy shouted, "Looks boring!"

I am really worried for this film. Looks like it's in trouble with the general audience.
:roll: Wow you are trying too hard man.

Although no one should be taking this clown seriously, it does seem that this film isn't resonating with the general public. I could care less however, I got no stake in that outcome. Nolan should just focus on making the best possible movie he can make and as some have mentioned word of mouth should carry the film to respectable numbers.

With that said, can one of the mods please ban this droid once and for all.

Panapaok wrote:
Ace wrote:
Time plays a critical role in Interstellar. Hamilton worked hand in hand with the production team to design a UNIQUE Hamilton watch exclusively for the film.

You could win one of the Hamilton Watches featured in the upcoming film Interstellar.
Including: One UNIQUE timepiece developed with the production team from Interstellar and our designers
http://interstellar.hamiltonwatch.com/
Stay tuned for more content about Interstellar on Oct. 1st
It looks like a standard watch...Anybody do the contest?

Nolany wrote:

Although no one should be taking this clown seriously, it does seem that this film isn't resonating with the general public. I could care less however, I got no stake in that outcome. Nolan should just focus on making the best possible movie he can make and as some have mentioned word of mouth should carry the film to respectable numbers.

With that said, can one of the mods please ban this droid once and for all.
The movie has been discussed at the top of the list in magazines, the internet, message boards etc for Fall Previews. Actors and others involved in the movie being asked about it in almost every interview they do. Freaking Ellen Burstyn was asked about for pete's sake. Just because the movie isn't being shoved down our throats every 5 minutes on TV doesn't mean it isn't resonating wit the public. It will pick up the closer we get to release date.

I remember last year some ppl were freaking out about Gravity. They thought it wouldn't make much money. A few weeks before release they kicked in the marketing and the thing was a huge hit. Interstellar will be the exact same.

Sky007 wrote:I remember last year some ppl were freaking out about Gravity. They thought it wouldn't make much money. A few weeks before release they kicked in the marketing and the thing was a huge hit. Interstellar will be the exact same.
Except Trent Reznor will dominate the discussion this fall. Interstellar, at best, will play second fiddle.

chocoboba wrote:
Sky007 wrote:I remember last year some ppl were freaking out about Gravity. They thought it wouldn't make much money. A few weeks before release they kicked in the marketing and the thing was a huge hit. Interstellar will be the exact same.
Except Trent Reznor will dominate the discussion this fall. Interstellar, at best, will play second fiddle.
LMFAO!!!

I don't really know where else this would go under here, but for what it's worth it seems that Kristopher Tapley at In Contention has heard good things about Jessica Chastain's performance. He bumped her up to #2 on his predictions for Best Supporting Actress, saying that she gets the emotional showcase. Here's a link: http://www.hitfix.com/contenders/best-s ... ng-actress

Yeah he's got Interstellar in play for several nominations currently. Though, it's way to early to make sound predictions. I think it will be hard for Matthew McConaughey to get nominated this year, though. The best actor field is so loaded.