Interstellar General Information

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Monicabbm wrote:
Nolan’s Alleged Reluctance

Earlier this month I mentioned that I’d heard “convincing chatter” about Chris Nolan‘s Interstellar possibly debuting sometime during the span of the 52nd New York Film Festival (9.26 through 10.12), “although the most recent buzz says that Interstellar could play Telluride first.” Now I’m hearing that Nolan’s time-travel film, an 11.7 Paramount release, may not…uhm, let me phrase this carefully. So far, I’m told, there’s been a reluctance on Nolan’s part to screen the film for reps of at least one of the hot-shot fall festivals. That means he’s probably saying the same thing to all the other reps. Interstellar is understood to be a very effects-heavy film, but Nolan still can’t play this “not quite ready” game much longer. Interstellar may not be ready to screen for festival programmers right now (i.e., mid-July) and it may not ultimately be ready to screen at the Telluride or Toronto festivals, which span from late August to mid September, but it would have to ready in time to theoretically be the closing-night attraction of the New York Film Festival (i.e., Sunday, 10.12), which would be less than four weeks before the commercial opening. Bottom line: If there was a serious interest on Nolan’s part to premiere Interstellar at one of the early fall festivals (New York being the most favorable in terms of post-production leeway), he would be playing ball at this stage by letting certain persons see it in whatever form it happens to be. But so far he hasn’t, I’m told. Read into this what you will.
http://www.hollywood-elsewhere.com/2014 ... eluctance/

duh
Its Nolan what do you think

This guy is a jerk. He pretends he has all kinds of insider info but he doesn't. He's a nobody. He didn't get any of his Oscar predictions right last year despite the fact he claims he's an expert.

I think he pretended he had a scoop and then obviously he didn't (why would Nolan swear everyone involved to secrecy and then let the cat out of the bag a month early just to be at a festival he doesn't need, festivals are important for indies, not him). So now he's trying to pretend Nolan was going to show the film and now is... too scared?!? Bullshit. This guy's a wanker.

Aili wrote:This guy is a jerk. He pretends he has all kinds of insider info but he doesn't. He's a nobody. He didn't get any of his Oscar predictions right last year despite the fact he claims he's an expert.

I think he pretended he had a scoop and then obviously he didn't (why would Nolan swear everyone involved to secrecy and then let the cat out of the bag a month early just to be at a festival he doesn't need, festivals are important for indies, not him). So now he's trying to pretend Nolan was going to show the film and now is... too scared?!? Bullshit. This guy's a wanker.
:clap:

Aili wrote:This guy is a jerk. He pretends he has all kinds of insider info but he doesn't. He's a nobody. He didn't get any of his Oscar predictions right last year despite the fact he claims he's an expert.

I don't think it has to do with Nolan but with the festival that wants him and let this info out to create a buzz about the possibility of Interstellar at the festival. This kind of rumors happen in all festivals.

Wells was right about Gone Girl and Inherent Vice, and probably about Interstellar, but I don't see Nolan saying yes.

Monicabbm wrote:

I don't think it has to do with Nolan but with the festival that wants him and let this info out to create a buzz about the possibility of Interstellar at the festival. This kind of rumors happen in all festivals.

Wells was right about Gone Girl and Inherent Vice, and probably about Interstellar, but I don't see Nolan saying yes.
Don't worry it will do nothing to Interstellar Christopher Nolan is who he is. So ya lol :D

most anticipated this year.

dont matter how snobby i get nolan just hits me in the right spot

Aili wrote:why would Nolan swear everyone involved to secrecy and then let the cat out of the bag a month early just to be at a festival he doesn't need, festivals are important for indies, not him.
Indies like Inherent Vice and Gone Girl?

NYFF isn't Sundance, you know.

Also, reluctant doesn't mean scared.

Rom
Last edited by Rom on September 8th, 2017, 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

^it is indeed a spoiler and i am not reading them.

Aili wrote:why would Nolan swear everyone involved to secrecy and then let the cat out of the bag a month early just to be at a festival he doesn't need, festivals are important for indies, not him.
The NYFF isn't a small event. Every year several great films have screenings there and in this way buzz is created around them so as to be award contenders.