Interstellar General Information

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Very cool. But I'm confused about how exactly they will be "featured" in the movie.

thegreypilgrim wrote:Very cool. But I'm confused about how exactly they will be "featured" in the movie.
" At NASA, they were interviewed by Hollywood movie maker Warner Brothers Company, the excerpts of which will be showcased in Christopher Nolan's upcoming movie “Interstellar.”

Might be played in a classroom scene or something, I'm not sure.

They designed a space station for a contest. That design will be used in the film in some capacity.

This is impressive.

I haven't found anything on here about it, but somebody posted a link to twitter on imdb with a comment from a guy who said he has been working on Interstellar in the UK (he's a special FX guy) and that the whole film will be completed in 2 weeks (and that was at least a week ago). Anybody know if that's true? Dammit, is it just going to sit around in a can till November while we go crazy??

Aili wrote:I haven't found anything on here about it, but somebody posted a link to twitter on imdb with a comment from a guy who said he has been working on Interstellar in the UK (he's a special FX guy) and that the whole film will be completed in 2 weeks (and that was at least a week ago). Anybody know if that's true? Dammit, is it just going to sit around in a can till November while we go crazy??
Probably true. Nolan tends to finish them months before the release date.

Projection has nothing to do with shooting. It's not as if 35mm captured images take up any less space on the platter of a 70mm print. Either way, it's limitation is something like just under 3 hours
You are right, I checked with that thing and probably the main reason is the noise of the camera which forbid it from being used in dialogue scenes and exempt it to action scenes only where there are already a lot of noise around.

Neizar wrote:
Projection has nothing to do with shooting. It's not as if 35mm captured images take up any less space on the platter of a 70mm print. Either way, it's limitation is something like just under 3 hours
You are right, I checked with that thing and probably the main reason is the noise of the camera which forbid it from being used in dialogue scenes and exempt it to action scenes only where there are already a lot of noise around.
They can still film dialogue scenes with the IMAX camera, they'd just have to get the actors into the studio to re-dub their lines. That's what was done for The Dark Knight Rises.

Aili wrote:I haven't found anything on here about it, but somebody posted a link to twitter on imdb with a comment from a guy who said he has been working on Interstellar in the UK (he's a special FX guy) and that the whole film will be completed in 2 weeks (and that was at least a week ago). Anybody know if that's true? Dammit, is it just going to sit around in a can till November while we go crazy??
Well, I feel like Nolan wants the vfx done so he can look at that while he's editing. After all, he even got the music from Hans before Hans saw the film! I have to imagine the editing on a Nolan film is labor-intensive, even for Nolan himself.

This is the guy I posted a tweet from earlier about finishing up work on Interstellar

He just recently posted this new tweethttps://twitter.com/antoniovfx/status/4 ... 3405423616

"here it goes my last week on #Interstellar , hopefully the Imax screening tomorrow will go well!"