Interstellar General Information

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
It only seems early because the film releases in November, but the actual timeline they've spent on VFX (which they obviously had templates started as they were still shooting like they did with TDKR) is relatively normal. I don't know the specifics of his process but I assume sound mixing and other various editing components will be worked on through the summer.

Nolan is really fast. He even wrapped up the shooting earlier. Also, he mentioned at the Cinemacon(26 March) that they are in the midst of the editing process. If they worked their asses off this period (which I'm sure they did) it seems pretty obvious that they are delivering the whole movie 4 months later. If something is sure about Nolan, is that he knows exactly what he wants and he gets it quickly.

That will give Hans quite a chunk of time to work with the finished product. Can't wait to start getting information about all of that.

Nolan works at a phenomenal speed for such a large canvas movie. Amazing.

I remember with TDKR Nolan put some possible political allegory into that film. Do you think Nolan will put political statements into Interstellar? Or, will he keep it tight and clean - something similar to 2001 or Contact - where it's all about the story and not the politics?

davids wrote:Nolan works at a phenomenal speed for such a large canvas movie. Amazing.
Dat super brain.

I don't think there were meant to be any overt or even covert political messages in TDKR and he seemed to confirm as much when he called those kinds of claims "bizarre." He doesn't seem the type to shoehorn that sort of thing into his stories. I suspect this will be no different. He has more important things to say and points to make than anything so petty.

People are already talking about how the movie is promoting the ideology of "climate change", which is a hot button issue in the US, with lots of conservatives deny its existence.

Yeah but I doubt it'll be "promoting" any ideas. It's a just a story that takes place as a consequence of those things. If people think there's something wrong with that, well... jeez.

I'm simply asking, will Nolan promote a political message one way or the other, which will make one side feel like they are correct and the other side is not? Similar to what the other person just said, when they mentioned "Conservatives" - you see, I'm simply asking, will Nolan make the film such that it is apolitical? That, in my opinion would make it genius, because to make it partisan would alienate one side's political ideology. I'm hoping it is like the other person said - just a story based on the effects of food shortage - no underlying liberal or conservative message. Think about it - neither 2001 nor Contact have a political underlying message - and I'm not stating Nolan will do this - I'm thinking that Nolan has something grand here with Interstellar, and I just hope he makes it as great as possible. When he, himself, says "universality" - then that means apolitical to me... hopefully...