Interstellar General Information

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
On top of the symbol possibly being some sort of hyper-drive or having some connection with the wormhole, I was thinking it could also be some sort of logo for a corporation/government/organization. Maybe the remnants of NASA are using that.?

EnzoTheBaker wrote:
m4st4 wrote:
Not a space station in my opinion... More like some sort of interstellar drive, also a time travel machine, notice how one of the ''cabins'' is in the center surrounded by other (spinning?) parts, sort of like that machine from Contact.
I actually partially agree with you, but I'm speculating based on the script.
I think it's the space station they find towards the end, and the interior room is either the mini-black hole from the script, or a slightly modified version where a wormhole (that allows space/time travel) is contained inside the space station.
The cluster of lights grows as they are propelled closer:

It's a massive space station, built onto the surface of the sphere.

EXT. SPACE STATION
INT. ENGINE ROOM, SPACE STATION

A massive reinforced-concrete shell shudders with the energy contained within it. The whole room HUMS with power.

Tars pulls up a display showing the inside of the shell:

A tiny black hole spins, spewing out massive amounts of power.
You may just be right.

Any idea when we'll get a full trailer? I've read in another board that they will likely include one with the new Godzilla movie in May.

Can't wait to know more about this movie.

this might be old but is that McC at 0:41? At first I thought it was Alan Sheperd but checking the stock footage it's different.

Paramount Will Make An Exception To Their All Digital Distribution Rule For Christopher Nolan's 'Interstellar'
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ ... r-20140128
There are few filmmakers around town who can pretty much get whatever they want, and until he stumbles (if that happens), Christopher Nolan is one of them. The man behind the blockbuster "The Dark Knight" trilogy, and who turned an idea about dream thieves and made it into a massive hit, can basically have it his way. And so, when it comes to Paramount's recent shift to an all digital distribution strategy for their films ("Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues" was their last official film to be release on an actual print), it's not a shock that Nolan will ensure that a celluloid version exists as well.

The LA Times reports that Paramount will release both digital and film versions of "Interstellar" when it hits cinemas last this year. And it's not really a big shock. Of course, the filmmaker has long been an advocate of celluloid, and naturally, his latest is being shot on 35mm with IMAX utilized for some sequences as well. So from a technical standpoint it makes sense, and frankly, the cost of striking prints is worth it to keep someone like Nolan happy,and hopefully in your studio corner for years to come. But Paramount teases that other movies and directors might get a break as well.

"Although we anticipate the majority of the studio's future releases to be executed in digital formats across the U.S., select exceptions will be made," said vice chairman of Paramount Pictures, Rob Moore. And that's nice and all, but we're guessing those exceptions will be few and far between.

But, rest easy. If you absolutely demand that the special effects spectacle that is "Interstellar" be projected from a strip of film, you will have that option on November 7th.

35mm prints of today are garbage anyway, but stick with your 'purity' as long as yah like Nolan. My religious friend's tell me bubble-verses are quite comfy.

Crazy Eight wrote:35mm prints of today are garbage anyway, but stick with your 'purity' as long as yah like Nolan. My religious friend's tell me bubble-verses are quite comfy.
oh you shush, this mostly only matters for IMAX.

-Vader

Cilogy wrote:Image
Love it