Interstellar Teaser

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Jart wrote:I reckon April/May would be a likely time for the next trailer - attached to either Transcendence or Godzilla, probably.
That's my guess as well.

When do you guys expect a trailer for Transcendence anyway? According to Wikipedia, it comes out in April, and so far there hasn't been anything shown yet. It seems kind of late...

MiracleSleeper2 wrote:When do you guys expect a trailer for Transcendence anyway? According to Wikipedia, it comes out in April, and so far there hasn't been anything shown yet. It seems kind of late...
It is. They seem nervous, which makes me kinda nervous.

It is surprising that we haven't seen anything yet from Transcendence, I fear however that it's going to be a trainwreck, not feeling it, need to see footage asap.

Jax_Teller wrote:It is surprising that we haven't seen anything yet from Transcendence, I fear however that it's going to be a trainwreck, not feeling it, need to see footage asap.
Why do you think it'll be a train wreck?

MiracleSleeper2 wrote:
Jax_Teller wrote:It is surprising that we haven't seen anything yet from Transcendence, I fear however that it's going to be a trainwreck, not feeling it, need to see footage asap.
I don't want to put words in his mouth. But the fact that the movie comes out in 5 months and they haven't even shown a peep of footage or an image does cause some concern as to what they actually think of the movie. It definitely gives you pause because it's a little unusual.

Shakermaker wrote:
MiracleSleeper2 wrote:
I don't want to put words in his mouth. But the fact that the movie comes out in 5 months and they haven't even shown a peep of footage or an image does cause some concern as to what they actually think of the movie. It definitely gives you pause because it's a little unusual.
Yeah, I see what you mean.

Shakermaker wrote:
MiracleSleeper2 wrote:
AVATAR came out in December, and no footage was shown until the end of August. So close proximity to release date doesn't really indicate the quality or the studio's confidence.

TRANSCENDENCE will likely be a tad tricky to market except for one major fact: it has fucking Johnny Depp in it. They don't need a head start or long campaign. 3-4 months of telling people a new Johnny Depp movie is coming out will do the trick. I imagine the campaign in April is going to be non-stop.

DOP's usually don't make for great directors. That's the harsh truth. Except for maybe Nicolas Roeg.

I just hope Transcendence is better than Janusz Kaminski's Lost Souls ;)